Menu

Lukieon Latin

Which level? Any prior Latin knowledge?

My kid did the first semester of level 1 with some prior Latin. She spent 4-6 hours most weeks, I would guess.

[Unrelated, but just in case anyone wonders why only one semester.]

It was not a fit for her. As one example, she didn't like the competition aspect (top certain # of scorers on the test each week got congratulated in weekly emails). It didn't matter if she was in the top or not--she was not a fan. She's a collaborative learner who likes interaction among classmates in a live class, so while she loved her teacher, Lukeion's focus & format were not for her.

2 hours ago, RootAnn said:

@kiwikI assume you checked CLRC classtimes?

Clrconline.com Their classtimes are listed as Pacific so they tend to be later for us. Not sure if that helps or hurts you.

There are a couple that might work but we really need after noon Pacific time or late afternoon ET.  11.15 PT works out at 6.30 or 7.30 AM depending on time of year.  Right now we are doing the Funda Funda middle school Latin but I would like him to try a live class in a few years.  Maybe they will have later classes by them.  

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 1:16 AM, kiwik said:

There are a couple that might work but we really need after noon Pacific time or late afternoon ET.  11.15 PT works out at 6.30 or 7.30 AM depending on time of year.  Right now we are doing the Funda Funda middle school Latin but I would like him to try a live class in a few years.  Maybe they will have later classes by them.  

Have you checked Memoria Press Online Academy? They have a 3-4:30 EST class for Henle Latin I  ETA: I guess this is about the same as 11:15 PST. Boo.

The only thing I can think is that you could try The Potter's School closer to when you need the class.  They have a lot of overseas folks so they generally do offer the more popular classes in early morning and evening for them.  However, when I last checked they didn't have a Latin class in the time frame you need.

Edited by cintinative

1 hour ago, cintinative said:

Have you checked Memoria Press Online Academy? They have a 3-4:30 EST class for Henle Latin I  ETA: I guess this is about the same as 11:15 PST. Boo.

The only thing I can think is that you could try The Potter's School closer to when you need the class.  They have a lot of overseas folks so they generally do offer the more popular classes in early morning and evening for them.  However, when I last checked they didn't have a Latin class in the time frame you need.

Thanks.  I will just wait and see.  We can't spend 12 hours on Latin but things may change.  It may be that he will be up to an early start when he is older or there may be different times.  I just kind of hoped someone would say it was more like 5 to 7 hours.

• Sad 1