Menu

Do I want this for Christmas?

ktgrok

10 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Thanks! I'm happy to hear that mine must have been defective, because now I can take a chance and order another one on Black Friday. Did you order directly from Ninja? I got mine on Amazon, because the returns are so easy and I wasn't sure if I would like it, but you get a lot of extra bonus items if you order straight from Ninja.

I wasn't aware that you could order directly from them.  Would you let me know if you see a great deal on this and I'll do the same?  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I wasn't aware that you could order directly from them.  Would you let me know if you see a great deal on this and I'll do the same?  

Sure!

When I was shopping for mine, Ninja's price was fairly close to Amazon's, but you got a few extra pans and some other accessories. I didn't care about some of the stuff, but things like the roasting pan and the smaller air frying basket (that you can use at the same time you're grilling on the other half of the Ninja) are kind of pricey, so I would have liked to have gotten those. The warranty is also a lot better when you buy directly from Ninja, but I don't know if they are good about honoring their warranties, so the extended warranty from Amazon might end up being better (but it costs more.) 

Decisions, decisions!!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Catwoman said:

Thanks! I'm happy to hear that mine must have been defective, because now I can take a chance and order another one on Black Friday. Did you order directly from Ninja? I got mine on Amazon, because the returns are so easy and I wasn't sure if I would like it, but you get a lot of extra bonus items if you order straight from Ninja.

I didn’t even consider Ninja.  I looked at the ones at Sam’s & maybe Costco and ended up ordering from Amazon.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

In case @ktgrok or anyone else is still interested in the Foodi grill mentioned in the OP, Kohl's has it on sale right now for $199, plus you can apply the 15%-off coupon code - ENJOY15 -- plus you get $45 back in Kohls Cash, plus Kohl's Rewards, and if you do curbside pickup, you get another $5.00 off. I added a few more things to my order because I was so close to getting $60 back in Kohl's Cash, so this thing ended up being an amazing price (assuming you have a use for the Kohl's Cash, obviously!) 

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-4438355/ninja-foodi-6-in-1-smart-xl-indoor-grill-4-quart-air-fryer-roast-bake-broil-dehydrate.jsp?skuId=64060816

And, being the shopper that I am and knowing the grill plate and the pan might chip pretty quickly, I got the first one home and then I went back online and ordered a second one to keep at one of our other houses as a backup. 🤪 I also ordered some bedsheet sets, so I will end up with a total of $150 in Kohl's Cash to spend next week. 

I rarely shop at Kohl's, so I might be starting a thread next week asking what I should buy with my Kohl's Cash. 😉 

Anyway, plenty of places have this on sale for $199 for Black Friday, but this Kohl's deal seems to be far and away the very best. Even if you won't use the Kohl's Cash, you still get the extra 15% off, which other stores aren't offering. 

Oh, and if you use Rakuten, you get 1% back, as well. The Rakuten percentage might be higher tomorrow or on Black Friday, but I'm not sure how long the Kohl's coupon and Kohl's Cash offers will be available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kassia said:

I just bought this at Kohl's on sale with 40% off and 1% at Rakuten and it was around $150 plus tax!  I'm excited but a little overwhelmed by all the features.  

That was a great deal — I hope you like it! I love the ones I bought from Kohl’s— I’m so glad I gave the machine another chance after having to return the one I bought on Amazon.

For some reason, the quality of the two that I bought at Kohl’s seems far better than the one I’d bought on Amazon (sold by Amazon, not a third party seller.) I would swear the actual machines are even heavier than the Amazon one, and the coating on the grill plates and the pan things is way better. The Amazon one chipped like crazy almost immediately. Also, the spatter guard on the one from Amazon kept falling out, while the ones from Kohl’s stay in place. It’s bizarre! They should be the same, but they aren’t! 

I haven’t gotten overly creative with mine, but I have been happy with everything I have cooked on them. I haven’t really tried the air fryer function yet, though, because I have a separate Chefman air fryer that I use a lot. I have mainly grilled on the Foodi.

Let me know how you like it!

• Like 1