Menu

My college senior has been moved back to campus! 14 hrs of driving in a single day so I am whipped today. Photo of the view included.

Faith-manor

This is not my photo though. I still haven't downloaded mine. But I wanted you to see one of the views he has at campus.

His adviser already did his degree audit, and everything is on track. His application to graduate has to be in by 5 pm. January 14 for spring commencement on April 30. Hotel rooms in the area were already beginning to fill for commencement so I booked ours. The ceremony ends at 1 pm, and we are leaving immediately for a trip west with all three of our adult sons. They want to take one more trip together before scattering to jobs and grad schools. My mom and our dd will drive his dorm stuff back here.

I am feeling a lot of pride, some relief, and then that tension of a sadness that this is it. This is the last year of having him home at breaks and in the summers. He is my buddy; we are very close, so this is hard. I have decided to distract myself for the semester by signing up for an engineering class and paying the small penalty for registering so late. I figure that the distraction will be welcome. 53 and my BA's are piano performance and music education, so all of these physics and engineering classes tend to keep me buried in books and staring at equations wondering what in the world I got myself into. Calc 1 and 2 were more than 30 years ago and a struggle for me. Thank goodness Mark has his math degree, and never forgot a single thing! He is stuck tutoring me in the evenings!

Fall Stock 2015_232.jpg

• Like 23