Menu

Daily Movement - Tuesday, June 8

Jenny in Florida

Welcome to the Tuesday thread. Anyone have a good Tuesday joke to share? I went looking for something and found all kinds of puns related to tacos; now I'm hungry.

These threads are for those who'd like accountability and encouragement in doing intentional daily movement. Anyone may join in at any time!

• Like 1

Had another night of not nearly enough sleep and decided to let myself stay in bed a little longer. This, of course, cut into my time for walking and exercise. 

I did manage 3.4K with a couple of fast-walking sprints, then short sets of my usual Tuesday/Thursday leg and arm exercises. 

We spent a few hours after work yesterday doing house stuff -- hanging curtain rods and curtains, replacing doorknobs, etc. -- meaning I didn't have time and energy to do much of a walk in the evening. Consequently, I missed my step goal for yesterday by about 1500 steps, I'm hoping to make that up with an extra-long walk this evening, but we'll see how that goes.

In the meantime, as of this morning, I have officially exceeded my Spring Start challenge goal by 100K, which is kind of fun to say. (Three more days until the new challenge begins.)

Spring Start Status Update: 603.8 of 500K 

• Like 5

Slept badly. The only jokes I can think of are the ones my dd used to tell when she was a little girl. She drew from her surroundings. A memorable one from bathtime: “Why did the sink cross the road? Because he needed a hair dryer!” Always followed by uproarious laughter. 😋

Strength training today.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Graduated my program and I am back.  I missed the gym.  
Day two of being back to my weekday routine.  Day two in the gym. Arms and thighs day!  I even talked myself into using the death by abs machine ( not it’s real name but that is what it looks and feels like).  

"Death by abs" made me smirk, and I am having fun imagining some sort of medieval torture device designed for that purpose.

Good for you for (a) graduating and (b) hitting the gym again!

• Like 3

Just now, Jenny in Florida said:

"Death by abs" made me smirk, and I am having fun imagining some sort of medieval torture device designed for that purpose.

Good for you for (a) graduating and (b) hitting the gym again!

Lol.  Thanks.  It looks like a medieval torture device inspired it when in use.  Let’s just say there is not a part of your body that does not feel it. 

• Like 1

A joke my kid told me yesterday--have you met Bruce Lee's vegetarian brother? His name is Brocc O. Lee.

I had a really busy day. I'm proud of myself for squeezing my movement in this morning. (exercise bike cardio; core, then legs strengthening). 

I'm super exhausted. Like others here, I've been sleeping poorly. Hopefully I, all of us, get good rest tonight. 

• Like 3