Menu

Kind of funny-COVID related...

Dmmetler

My 16 yr old and I went grocery shopping at Kroger today. It's the first time either of us have been in a big supermarket for the last year-I've done instacart, and since I've been vaccinated I've done Aldi, but that's about as big as I've gotten. 

It was kind of amazing. I think both of us felt kind of like we did visiting Woolworths in Australia-there was all this stuff that was just plain new, or that at least we'd forgotten (for example, I think the entire deli section was largely omitted from the Instacart ordering platform).  

And, now that our entire household is fully vaccinated, it actually was kind of fun, and not really scary, to be out again. 

If Kroger had us almost giddy, I wonder how it will be when we venture out to Target? Or to Costco???

• Like 19
  • Haha 5

I went to Aldi for the first time in a year a couple of weeks ago, and I was amazed at all the new things--a whole line of keto stuff! fun! And they completely remodeled my Target since I was there last. I knew that had happened, but it was exciting to finally see it in person 🙂 . Oh! and they redid my favorite thrift store, too. 

• Like 5

Yep, I read an article like that in Wall Street Journal so funny.  It reminds me of when I was a camp counselor and the entire summer we were at camp and didn't set foot in a store.  The first time we did after the 3 or 4 months we would just be stunned standing in an aisle.  Like how are you supposed to pick from 50 different kinds of toothpastes?

• Like 3

My son's music teacher is an elderly gentleman with several preexisting conditions and his young neighbor grocery shopped for him all these months. He is fully vaccinated now and went by himself to Safeway (kind of like Kroger, I guess) and he came back so excited and told us that he got the same feeling as when his parents took him to Disneyland when he as a young kid! Many people share your sentiments 🙂

• Like 5