Menu

Poll - Johnson and Johnson only - side effects from Covid Vaccine

ktgrok

Johnson and Johnson Side Effects Poll - Pfizer Vaccine  

7 members have voted

1. 1. If you had Johnson and Johnson single dose vaccine - what was your reaction

• No side effects
    • sore arm
    • headache
    • dizzy/light headed
    • fever less than 101 F
    • fever over 101F
    • chills
    • nausea
    • diarrhea
    • rash at injection site
    • rash elsewhere
    • aches/pains (generalized - other than injection site)
    • fatigue
    • brain fog
    • menstrual irregularities (early/late bleeding/mid cycle spotting, etc)
    • Side effects strong enough to interfere with normal activity lasted less than 24 hours
    • Side effects strong enough to interfere with normal activity lasted 24-48 hours.
    • Side effects strong enough to interfere with normal activity lasted 48-72 hours.
    • Side effects strong enough to interfere with normal activity laster more than 72 hours.
  2. 2. Have you had a previous Covid infection?

• yes
    • no
    • probably, but not sure

Figured a poll would give a better numbers view of the info in the other post. 

Please answer only for YOURSELF. And only for Johnson and Johnson vaccine. I'll make another poll for  the other vaccines as I have time. 

It only gives you so many options to use, so if you had a side effect not listed, you can include it in your response. 

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 1

Katie can you update the poll for previous Covid infection to give an option for “possibly or probably but not lab confirmed” ?

ETA:  I put no, but it’s possible we had it before testing was available. We were in a crowd in Chicago and definitely caught something, but testing wasn’t available for several months afterwards unless you were hospitalized. 

Edited by Katy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Katy said:

Katie can you update the poll for previous Covid infection to give an option for “possibly or probably but not lab confirmed” ?

ETA:  I put no, but it’s possible we had it before testing was available. We were in a crowd in Chicago and definitely caught something, but testing wasn’t available for several months afterwards unless you were hospitalized. 

Sure

The lymph node under the arm that got the shot was also swollen/sore for about 10 days.  Spouse had nothing other than a sore arm.  Almost all shots, including tetanus, make me sick, which is why I went with a 1-dose.  Even allergy shots, which I did for years, could give me a fever and I often had visible-from-across-the-room whelps and knots instead of a small red circle around the site.  But, this one had nothing at the site other than a bruise.  I didn't check anything about how long symptoms lasted - they weren't debilitating, but definitely noticeable.  Fever and such lasted around 48 hrs.  I have one of those great immune systems - I rarely get sick, but have flu-like responses to shots and, instead or normal allergy symptoms, often have enough inflammation to ache everywhere, so swollen glands in response to a shot is par for the course for me.  

My timeline was sort of typical

Shot-8 hours later - no sympoms

8 hours post shot to 18 hours post shot - fever, chills to the point of violent teeth chattering, aches and general misery (this was overnight)

18 hours post-shot to 24 hours - symptoms gone but wiped out from a rough night.  Spent a day as a couch potato

Here's where it get's weird:

The day after my couch day I felt completely normal and fine.  I went out and worked on my garden . . . a community garden that's not at my own house.  I got hit with an insane urge to use the restroom and almost didn't make it home.  This is gonna be TMI and I didn't actually have diarrhea, but my bowels completely and  violently emptied themselves.  There were cramps and everything.  It was very traumatic.  Now, I am not a person who has gross discussions about bodily functions, but I feel obligated to tell the cautionary tale so nobody takes a chance and gets themselves miles from a bathroom when they're under 48 hours post-shot even IF they feel perfectly fine.  I never expected a second wave of symptoms. Had I known this was a possibility I would have utilized the porta-potties at the garden instead of being all prissy and driving home to my own bathroom.  Longest  drive of my life! It was 2 1/2 miles at 25 mph and two lights.

• Like 1