Menu

Coordinating about AoPS

Anyone want to coordinate about online AoPS classes? I'm going to take a reduced class load over the next year, since I'm supposed to work on another translation, but I'm curious if anyone wants to coordinate before I select my classes. 

If no one wants to coordinate, I'll probably teach a bunch of precalcs, since it's my baby 😉 

Edited by Not_a_Number

Well, my DS is halfway through Intermediate Algebra at home right now and I am struggling to keep up. At least he is still getting it. (I taught my DD through PreCal in another book fine, but AOPS is so much harder!) I figure he is going to need to take the PreCal class online, but we have to figure out how to pay for it first. So, maybe Precalculus.

5 hours ago, Plagefille said:

Well, my DS is halfway through Intermediate Algebra at home right now and I am struggling to keep up. At least he is still getting it. (I taught my DD through PreCal in another book fine, but AOPS is so much harder!) I figure he is going to need to take the PreCal class online, but we have to figure out how to pay for it first. So, maybe Precalculus.

I do usually teach precalcs. So yes, let’s coordinate.

S will be taking Intermediate Algebra in the fall, starting in August, ideally any night during the week other than Tuesday. For the Spring semester, he will be taking precalculus, starting in January. Same schedule -- any night during the week other than Tuesday works best for us (he has Civil Air Patrol on Tuesday nights). I hope that he gets the chance to take one of your courses. 🙂

On 3/4/2021 at 5:17 AM, Not_a_Number said:

I do usually teach precalcs. So yes, let’s coordinate.

He will probably not be ready for PreCal until Dec/Jan, I would guess. As for days of the week... I am not sure right now. He will be in 9th next year and homeschoolers can do sports with the local high school. Meets and games vary, but it looks like Mon, Fri, Sat would be most open. Maybe just do what works best for you and then we will try to match your schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to coordinate for my dd12 to be able to take Intro to Algebra from you, but I don't yet know when.  Right now I'm trying to get our charter to approve paying for it starting in later May or June, but they usually won't pay for classes that run into the summer.  We might not be able to start her until next Fall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Condessa said:

I would like to coordinate for my dd12 to be able to take Intro to Algebra from you, but I don't yet know when.  Right now I'm trying to get our charter to approve paying for it starting in later May or June, but they usually won't pay for classes that run into the summer.  We might not be able to start her until next Fall.

That's probably for the best, because they wound up giving me Intermediate Algebra this summer anyway. Which was not one of my top choices, grrrr. 

Maybe I need to fill in these surveys a little bit more emphatically, yeesh, and say I'd refuse a class other than the ones people have asked for on here. So far, I've been picking things as "top choices" but saying that if I have to, I'll teach others... and that's resulting in me not getting my choices. 

• Like 2