Menu

Algebra II

I am looking for a class for my daughter. We have done two years or Derek Owens but this year has been problematic. The customer service has been unacceptable and we are not likely to get responses to questions within a reasonable timeline for completing homework. Does anyone have another program that has worked?

2 hours ago, TheAttachedMama said:

Wow!  I am using DO for Algebra II and I have had a great experience.  I am always amazed at how quickly they answer our questions and grade work.   Sorry to hear that you are having problems.   

Are you looking for a class or book that you can teach at home?

We loved Algebra. Sometimes the return on grades is 3-4 days and 48 hours or more for questions. We are behind as a result. It's very frustrating.

2 hours ago, TheAttachedMama said:

Wow!  I am using DO for Algebra II and I have had a great experience.  I am always amazed at how quickly they answer our questions and grade work.   Sorry to hear that you are having problems.   

Are you looking for a class or book that you can teach at home?

I would prefer a class. I am thinking live/online too. 

1 hour ago, mamamoose said:

I would prefer a class. I am thinking live/online too. 

We’ve been very happy with the math sequence at Wilson Hill Academy, particularly Eric Reini’s classes. DD took Pre-Calc with Blue Tent this year (because Reini wasn’t teaching Pre-Calc at WHA), and that has also been great. I’d check out both of those. 

We're very happy with Algebra 2 from Unlock Math.  The recorded instruction is very clear.  During the school day there is also a live teacher available to answer questions, if needed.  We've found their customer service to be excellent.  Dc appreciates that there is daily review, that the website provides explanations immediately for missed problems, and that students can do an assignment again with new problems for extra practice or to improve the grade.  

On 2/1/2021 at 2:14 PM, fourisenough said:

We’ve been very happy with the math sequence at Wilson Hill Academy, particularly Eric Reini’s classes. DD took Pre-Calc with Blue Tent this year (because Reini wasn’t teaching Pre-Calc at WHA), and that has also been great. I’d check out both of those. 

Can you explain how Blue Tent works?

I’m not sure what you mean exactly, but I’ll tell you what I know. The teacher conducts one live lecture and one live problem-solving session per week (although my DD watches the recordings asynchronously). There are homework, quizzes, tests, and semester exams. DD says BT’s Learning Management System is the best of any she’s ever used because it’s very organized and intuitive. The teacher uses WebAssign for online homework that is graded automatically and provides instant feedback; DD really likes this and finds it helpful, especially if she’s struggling  with a concept. I believe this is the hardest she’s had to work for an A in a math class, but that is probably because Honors Pre-Calc is just more difficult than prior classes. DD just added that Mrs. Porter provides guided notes for the lectures that are very helpful. 

LMK if you have any specific questions and I’ll try to get an answer for you.

5 hours ago, fourisenough said:

I’m not sure what you mean exactly, but I’ll tell you what I know. The teacher conducts one live lecture and one live problem-solving session per week (although my DD watches the recordings asynchronously). There are homework, quizzes, tests, and semester exams. DD says BT’s Learning Management System is the best of any she’s ever used because it’s very organized and intuitive. The teacher uses WebAssign for online homework that is graded automatically and provides instant feedback; DD really likes this and finds it helpful, especially if she’s struggling  with a concept. I believe this is the hardest she’s had to work for an A in a math class, but that is probably because Honors Pre-Calc is just more difficult than prior classes. DD just added that Mrs. Porter provides guided notes for the lectures that are very helpful. 

LMK if you have any specific questions and I’ll try to get an answer for you.

Yes, this is what I was asking. Thank you!