Menu

Easy felt doll pattern - help!

Spryte

I’ll just preface this by saying I don’t sew.  Anything.  I grew up with an artist (metal sculpture) mother who did not sew.  Sometimes I try, but it’s a struggle, never having seen anyone sew, really.

But DD wants to make her BFF a simple felt doll.  I have helped her make a few things out of felt - think crafting more than sewing.  A doll is just past what I think I can just create on my own, no pattern.

Does anyone have a very simple felt doll pattern that they could share with me?

You might try looking at Waldorf-style books or websites. The Waldorf dolls are probably more than you want to do, but there are simple dolls made from scarves/fabric that could be perfect. See photo from Toymaking with Children  by Freya Jaffka (sorry it's not a great photo but you get the idea).IMG_20210121_120100.thumb.jpg.fac5c1b065742794e45a530fc3db2623.jpg).

I have patterns for a very simple beanbag cat and a very simple stuffed doll, both made of cotton quilt type fabric and both hand-sewn. The doll just wears an apron. I don't have any felt specific patterns.

I can post pictures if you'd like. I'd be glad to mail you the pattern(s). They are from this book