Menu

Generators?

Pen

Does anyone know much about back up generators? 

I am thinking toward smallish able to run fridge freezer and charge up phones - not whole house 

though ability to run whole house could be nice

we are all electric and rural, so running water is on electric pump, etc    no electricity means everything modern is out of commission 

I am most concerned about fridge / freezer and losing food at a time that might be precarious 

a solar option generator would be great, but I don’t think I can afford a system that could run those appliances

• 4 weeks later...

But have you check maybe it is possible to find a used one at a lower price for around 500W, it will be enough I think and the price will not be so high. Some time ago I found one, it was sold as not working, and it was for 8 Kw, and branded, sure it was not new. I bought it for $80. I also have one and thong that will be able to make one of these 2 not working. I have a friend, he is working with https://bates-electric.com/locations/charlotte-nc/, and helped me to test it. The problem was in the engine it was not working stable and some fuses were damaged and one cable was cut. This was the problems it had, and it costed me around $24 to fix it, Now it is working perfectly. I was looking to fix mine as it was damaged and fixed the one I bought.

Edited by Quebtan

• 3 weeks later...