Menu

Holiday gift giving 2020

mommyoffive

Young adults!  I do have the interesting book, coffee table book, religious item, and clothing item for each, though.  (Plus that pillow for Ds=)  So, probably with a little cash thrown in, I am actually done with them.  For our eldest, for a fun gift, I found electronic drum sticks at Bits & Pieces.  Silly, perhaps, but it is something he will fiddle with at least when here visiting, and be worth a little fun.  They were just under 20 dollars.

So, actually, I need ideas for the grandparents.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Familia said:

Young adults!  I do have the interesting book, coffee table book, religious item, and clothing item for each, though.  (Plus that pillow for Ds=)  So, probably with a little cash thrown in, I am actually done with them.  For our eldest, for a fun gift, I found electronic drum sticks at Bits & Pieces.  Silly, perhaps, but it is something he will fiddle with at least when here visiting, and be worth a little fun.  They were just under 20 dollars.

So, actually, I need ideas for the grandparents.  

Ohhh, off to look at the electronic drumsticks.   My ds asked for an expensive drum  set, even though he hasn't shown interest in it before.   20 bucks is much better than 300.  See if you like it.

I just discovered, from another thread, the game Bring Your Own Book.  Dd17 loves books, so I ordered it.

I think I’m going to get dd17 and ds13 Rocketbooks also.  I would love to get them for the 4 older nieces and nephews, but they are more than I usually budget for them.  Except the mini ones, which are too tiny to be exciting.  If anyone has seen a deal on them, please send me a pm.

• Like 2

Also, have already ordered my husband’s Christmas presents.  He wanted a new robe and I found him an ideal one at LLBean plus had a coupon for a discount.  And also, the new elementary school local to our cabin has a tshirt fundraiser going on with a great picture of our joint favorite bird, the Osprey.  So I ordered a tomato colored one of those for him, as a surprise.  I’m going to look for some other little thing as well, but the main presents are done.

Also I told him what I want, and the price has just come down, but it’s still pretty expensive and also he tends to forget that kind of thing, so I dunno.

Edited by Carol in Cal.
  • Like 2

well we are thinking about getting a second computer for the kids.  The older three use it for school, gaming, video editing, creating youtube content, etc.  So, I need to take all that into consideration when finding a computer, keyboard, headset, mouse, etc for them.  Any guidance on that would be great.  Specifically, good keyboards, headset, and mouse that aren't ridiculously expensive. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, athena1277 said:

I just discovered, from another thread, the game Bring Your Own Book.  Dd17 loves books, so I ordered it.

I think I’m going to get dd17 and ds13 Rocketbooks also.  I would love to get them for the 4 older nieces and nephews, but they are more than I usually budget for them.  Except the mini ones, which are too tiny to be exciting.  If anyone has seen a deal on them, please send me a pm.

In the past they've been on Amazon's Black Friday deals 

• Like 1