Menu

Does Schitt’s Creek get better?

Frances

I had been turned off by the name, and watched it only because it was recommended so highly by so many. BUt honestly, David and Patrick's love story is probably one of the best on TV developing relationships to watch, ever. And, as someone who has gay teens in my life, I understand why it is so important for them to see that relationship between two men, and it simply being accepted and normal. And David's "I like the wine, not the bottle". and his father's drunken venting to Roland about "Wouldn't it be easier to just pick one" and Roland's statement that you don't choose who you love just made it because it was so normal. I tend to use TV as background sound, and prefer things that I can come in and out of without losing sequence, so comedies often work well, and this was one that, at the beginning, seemed like that kind of show, but after awhile, turned into something that actually really needed to be watched and observed. The documentary on it is worth a watch, too-particularly when you see the actors reacting to the responses they got from the audience-it's an "all the feels" situation. 

• Like 10

I was another who barely made it through the first couple of episodes and then shelved it for several months.

But.

It turned out to be everything TV should be. Dan Levy is perfection, and his creation was seriously a game changer. I’ve watched the series twice now and can’t wait to watch it with DS this summer. He’s going to swoon over the David/Patrick storyline. ❤️

For anyone still on the fence, just give it another try. The love and acceptance throughout the entire series is what we should all strive for. Truly, it’s the feel-best show I’ve ever watched.

Edited by MEmama
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Dmmetler said:

I had been turned off by the name, and watched it only because it was recommended so highly by so many. BUt honestly, David and Patrick's love story is probably one of the best on TV developing relationships to watch, ever. And, as someone who has gay teens in my life, I understand why it is so important for them to see that relationship between two men, and it simply being accepted and normal. And David's "I like the wine, not the bottle". and his father's drunken venting to Roland about "Wouldn't it be easier to just pick one" and Roland's statement that you don't choose who you love just made it because it was so normal. I tend to use TV as background sound, and prefer things that I can come in and out of without losing sequence, so comedies often work well, and this was one that, at the beginning, seemed like that kind of show, but after awhile, turned into something that actually really needed to be watched and observed. The documentary on it is worth a watch, too-particularly when you see the actors reacting to the responses they got from the audience-it's an "all the feels" situation. 

I like the wine, not the label. 🙂 

• Like 2

So sad when we finished watching! I did not want it to end. When you are done, you will ask yourself, well, NOW what can I watch that will ever be as good?

I convinced my husband to watch it with me and he grumped through the first few episodes. After a bit, I could tell he was getting sucked in. 

Yes, it gets better. Don’t skip one single episode!

ETA: The two scenes with David and Alexis, the Tamagotchi  scene, and the fighting over who sleeps closest to the door (thereby getting murdered first) scene, just killed me. 

“Like, you have to actively murder them!” (Tamagotchis).

Edited by Indigo Blue
Misspelled Tamagotchi
  • Like 4