Menu

Prom Substitute-ish

hippiemamato3

The prom for my DS and his GF was canceled this year, and it's not looking great for it to happen this year either. My DS wants to do something special for his GF and have a night where they can go out  and she can wear her beautiful dress (he will get a tux too). The prom wasn't a big thing for him, but it was for her - and he wants her to get that special night. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a fancy dinner out or dancing or something...but I don't know where/how would be a good place to do it. It can be next spring even..

Could you do it at your house? Either make a special dinner or order in. You can set a special table in the dining room and act as the waiters. I always thought that would be fun to do for my kids, but we haven't had an opportunity yet. It might be more fun to do this with two couples, if they have someone else to invite (and depending upon whether having guests is safe enough).

Do you have an observatory near you?  Or even a science center where they project the stars.  Sometimes they have events, or let you rent the space for really cheap, or use it privately for a night.  If it costs a fair amount splitting it among a small group of friends might be affordable.

Even a (non crowded) public space like a fountain that continues to run at night where they could play music from his phone might be fun.

A gazebo at a pretty spot in a state park might be another option.