Menu

Lanny I tried to send you a private message

YaelAldrich

Dear @Lanny

I'm sure you've heard that UNC is going 100% virtual. Does your daughter need any help? My in laws are there but they won't be able to help because they're staying sequestered due to the virus. But I'm good friends with the Hillel director and I know he'll help your daughter. Please let me know if I need to help make the introduction.

All the best,

Yael

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last I heard, they are not yet requiring any students to leave on-campus housing. They are offering refunds to those that wish to leave (previously, they said they wouldn't), probably hoping to thin the crowd.

But my info may be old. DH works for a student org at UNC. He had an email yesterday from the university, and has been talking to his students -- but I'm sure the situation is rapidly changing. Those poor kids, though. They *just* moved in last week. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, YaelAldrich said:

Dear @Lanny

I'm sure you've heard that UNC is going 100% virtual. Does your daughter need any help? My in laws are there but they won't be able to help because they're staying sequestered due to the virus. But I'm good friends with the Hillel director and I know he'll help your daughter. Please let me know if I need to help make the introduction.

All the best,

Yael

Thank you Yael!   I think my Mailbox is full.  I need to try to clear some space if I can navigate there and figure out how to do that. My DD is OK.    🙂     She has been "SIP" there since March when UNC extended the Spring Break and then went to "Online".  Good that your in-laws are trying to shield themselves. Older people are FAR more likely to die of COVID-19 than younger people.  Here, those of us over 70 are in quarantine until September 1st. And then they kept extending it for people under 70 and they are now in quarantine until September 1st.   Interesting that your in-laws are in the Triangle and that you know the Hillel director at Carolina.  I will relay that to my DD. Thank you again!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hshibley said:

They are allowing international students to remain in dorms. Hopefully that helps. 

My DD isn't an International student, but we live in Colombia and our airports are closed.  She will hopefully be able to continue to "SIP" in her dorm and she will be OK.     🙂

2 hours ago, Lanny said:

Thank you Yael!   I think my Mailbox is full.  I need to try to clear some space if I can navigate there and figure out how to do that. My DD is OK.    🙂     She has been "SIP" there since March when UNC extended the Spring Break and then went to "Online".  Good that your in-laws are trying to shield themselves. Older people are FAR more likely to die of COVID-19 than younger people.  Here, those of us over 70 are in quarantine until September 1st. And then they kept extending it for people under 70 and they are now in quarantine until September 1st.   Interesting that your in-laws are in the Triangle and that you know the Hillel director at Carolina.  I will relay that to my DD. Thank you again!

My FIL teaches at Carolina in Sociology and we (and my DH's brother and wife) are alumni of Carolina!  The Hillel director is the husband of my friend from grad school.  Also many other friends in the area.  If she needs any help, please contact me.  We can help!

Edited by YaelAldrich
awkward sentence!