Menu

GPB Chemistry Videos - UPDATED

We are using the old Georgia Public Broadcasting Chemistry videos.  Today we discovered that the video access had changed and the videos are now embedded in the webpage.  As a result the viewer cannot see the full image, cannot see how much time is left in the video, and cannot move forward or back within the video.  It really renders the videos unusable because if there is an equation you can only see half of the written work.  

Do these videos exist anywhere else like YouTube?  I've tried searching and googling, but cannot find anything.  

Help!  

Edited by Caraway

1 hour ago, klmama said:

We're having that problem, too.  I just sent an email to education@gpb.org to ask them to fix the problem.  Maybe you should, too.

Done.  I also filled out the automated "are you having a problem?" form.  

2 hours ago, MamaSprout said:

Okay, weird. When I sent the link on my home computer using Firefox at lunch, I had the regular controls at the bottom of the videos, but now I don't on my work computer. ETA- I see them briefly, then they disappear.

Thank you for posting this!  I just tried looking at it on my phone, and the controls are there.  I use the Samsung internet browser.  So, this must be browser-related.  Good to know!  

Edited by klmama

3 hours ago, MamaSprout said:

Okay, weird. When I sent the link on my home computer using Firefox at lunch, I had the regular controls at the bottom of the videos, but now I don't on my work computer. ETA- I see them briefly, then they disappear.

Do they disappear because your cursor isn't hovering over the screen?  If you do that, do the controls show up again?  

The videos seem to play with controls if I use Safari.  So we are going to do that for an immediate fix.

GPB did email me back to say that they are working to fix the things that broke during the transition to the new website.