Menu

Iphone XS or new SE2?

Janeway

My current phone is on its last leg. It does not hold a charge for long. Sometimes, it just crashes. Sometimes, the battery suddenly goes down. I have been holding out for the new SE2, but, it also looks like the XS can be purchased for a special price (through provider, with conditions). I am unsure if I can get them for same or similar prices, but regardless, I am hoping you all can give me great opinions of advice. What do you all think?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Janeway said:

My current phone is on its last leg. It does not hold a charge for long. Sometimes, it just crashes. Sometimes, the battery suddenly goes down. I have been holding out for the new SE2, but, it also looks like the XS can be purchased for a special price (through provider, with conditions). I am unsure if I can get them for same or similar prices, but regardless, I am hoping you all can give me great opinions of advice. What do you all think?

Wow, I had not heard of the SE2020.  Here is a link comparing it to the Iphone 11.  I think the SE 2020 is a great value and I now want one.  The only thing that it did  not have info on is the battery life....but it sort of a remake of the Iphone 8 so battery life should be fine.  

https://www.tomsguide.com/face-off/iphone-se-2020-vs-iphone-11

• Like 1

From what I have seen, the xs is likely to be a good bit more than the SE, unless your provider has hecka good specials on the xs and not the SE. 

The SE is an amazing phone for the price range. Retail has the SE at about half the price of the xs. 

If you want a big phone, the xs wins handily at 6.5 inches versus 4 for the SE. A big phone is a huge plus for me, bc I simply cannot see small screens, lol. It's a minus for my youngest dd, who has great vision and prefers a small phone she can slip in her pocket. 

The xs will take better pictures. 

Because the xs launched in 2018, it would have to really be an AMAZING price for me to consider it. If I wanted the bigger screen and better photos, I'd be looking hard at newer models like the iphone 11. 

Make sure to check your provider's special against other options. Apple has a trade-in option that is worth looking at. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katilac said:

From what I have seen, the xs is likely to be a good bit more than the SE, unless your provider has hecka good specials on the xs and not the SE. 

The SE is an amazing phone for the price range. Retail has the SE at about half the price of the xs. 

If you want a big phone, the xs wins handily at 6.5 inches versus 4 for the SE. A big phone is a huge plus for me, bc I simply cannot see small screens, lol. It's a minus for my youngest dd, who has great vision and prefers a small phone she can slip in her pocket. 

The xs will take better pictures. 

Because the xs launched in 2018, it would have to really be an AMAZING price for me to consider it. If I wanted the bigger screen and better photos, I'd be looking hard at newer models like the iphone 11. 

Make sure to check your provider's special against other options. Apple has a trade-in option that is worth looking at. 

The special with the provider makes the XS $5/month more over 30 months, so $150 more. It’s the new SE, the one out soon, not the original.

• Like 1

DH will probably go for the new SE. His phone is a 6, I think? And the battery is totally shot. He was trying to hold out for their 5g model (maybe released in the fall, he said? Idk). But thinking about it,  it'd be longer than that for us because we don't (can't) afford a newly released phone - so why wait? He'll probably order a SE next week. (Walmart has a preorder deal that drops the price even more.)

• Like 1