Menu

bunk beds

My dc really, really, really want bunk beds. It makes sense given that their bedrooms are tiny.

We aren't doing Christmas gifts, so I thought we could re-do rooms as the gift, but we are on a tight budget.

Where can I buy inexpensive - but safe - bunkbeds? I do not have anyone to help assemble, so it would have to be pretty easy because I am not very handy.

Thanks.

check craigslist --

lots of people ditch perfectly good bunkbeds because kids are either outgrowing them or are remodeling like you wanna do ;)

if you were in the DFW area, I just listed the full/twin metal bunkbed that we are getting rid of, and i included an option of delivery and assembly for people who can't do that themselves [so ask even if it doesn't explicitly say].

We aren't getting rid of them because they are unsafe, just that we are remodeling the younger two kiddo's room and splitting it, so the bunkbeds won't work for the idea we have in mind.

If you were a bit more experienced w/ assembly, I'd suggest checking out the thrift stores. but you gotta know how to inspect which nuts n bolts should be in place to do that effectively.....

OR: call a local church [or several till you get a positive answer-- even if you aren't a member] and explain your situation. They might have some handy people that can help you look and/or assemble a bunkbed. See if someone would be willing to volunteer their time to make a kids' Christmas wish come true :D

good luck!

check craigslist --

lots of people ditch perfectly good bunkbeds because kids are either outgrowing them or are remodeling like you wanna do ;)

if you were in the DFW area, I just listed the full/twin metal bunkbed that we are getting rid of, and i included an option of delivery and assembly for people who can't do that themselves [so ask even if it doesn't explicitly say].

We aren't getting rid of them because they are unsafe, just that we are remodeling the younger two kiddo's room and splitting it, so the bunkbeds won't work for the idea we have in mind.

If you were a bit more experienced w/ assembly, I'd suggest checking out the thrift stores. but you gotta know how to inspect which nuts n bolts should be in place to do that effectively.....

OR: call a local church [or several till you get a positive answer-- even if you aren't a member] and explain your situation. They might have some handy people that can help you look and/or assemble a bunkbed. See if someone would be willing to volunteer their time to make a kids' Christmas wish come true :D

good luck!

:iagree: Check Craigslist. We just bought a beautiful trundle day bed for my dd from Craigslists and there were a lot of bunk beds listed.

Make sure the bunk bed has a rail on the top bunk. My dh and ds bought an unassembled bunk bed at a garage sale. The top bunk has nothing to keep the child from rolling off in their sleep. So whenever my son has a sleep over we have to stuff a boogey board between the mattress and frame to make a safety railing. LOL!

Check consignment stores too. If you belong to any Mom's groups in the area ask around there too. We got rid of a captains bed last year, and I did not even know anyone was looking until I posted something on our homeschool coop yahoo site. It was amazing the number of response we got, so perhaps not enough people know you are looking and the perfect one is in your friend's house!

One thing that a friend forgot once was to take down any ceiling fans in the room before putting the bed up. Ouch, that was a lesson learned the painful way.