Menu

Recomendation needed. 1 piece of exercise equip for someone over 300lbs.

Tap

On April 12, 2020 at 2:38 AM, Tap said:

She gets teased by the other kids, so she doesn't want to exercise in our area.

What is WRONG with people that they're letting their kids do this?!?! 

On the allergies thing, you might get away with a *small* dog. I find our small dog less allergenic than a big poodle. Besides, a poodle will be lots of grooming, expenses, etc., and they're even prone to volvutus and dying, which would be traumatic for your dd. A smaller dog could be hearty enough to walk and small enough that you could bathe him weekly to keep the allergies down.

Maybe a combo, like working on something to have in the house for rainy days, smacking up the neighbor kids (or their parents or whatever), and the dog.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OH_Homeschooler said:

There is a company that makes inexpensive exercise equipment. It is called Sunny Health and Fitness. You can review some of the products on Amazon. It gets pretty good ratings for the price range.

I have a Sunny spin bike and am very impressed with it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CAJinBE said:

Nordic Walking is walking with poles in a motion similar to cross country skiing. You use more muscles in your arms and back so you will burn more calories. I find that I can walk faster and farther with the poles than I can without, plus my knees hurt less afterwards. They are not trekking poles though. Leki sells very nice light weight ones with cork handles and clip on wrist straps. I think it is worth it to get a good brand made of aluminum. There are rubber booties that cover the tips so you can walk on any surface. There is a noise but not as much as bare metal would be on pavement. I took it up a few years ago before I had back surgery and was super glad to already know how to do it for my recovery after surgery because it helped my balance and support for my back. Plus it just feels more sporty than just walking. I used to run but have found this to be almost as good. The calories burned are somewhere between regular walking and jogging. There are videos online that show the technique. 

Thank you! I love to walk and this looks like a fun variation. 

I'm going to check out some videos.