Menu

Transcript - 1st & 2nd Semester of Final Grade?

Is there a preferred format for high school transcripts? My oldest graduated from an online charter school in California and her final transcript was broken down by semester. I followed the same format when I graduated my middle daughter. Now that my youngest is in high school, I'm wondering if I can simply things by creating a transcript that only shows her final grades for each year.

FWIW and I don't know if it really matters, but she will likely be applying only to private Christian universities in California. 

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Obviously both types exist. My format just shows final grade & the credits column indicates whether that grade is for 0.5 or 1.0 credits.

I liked that format, but senior year applications/mid-year update created some wrinkles that had to be sorted out. I just included a separate sheet of semester grades for year-long classes with the mid-year transcript. I think that was the only bump I ran into.

• Like 2

image.png.6bfaa0e729d047de276bb7fcdccf624b.png

Here's a screenshot of the format of my son's transcript. Only a final grade, not semester grades, for each year, except for his senior year. Senior year has a grade column for both semesters since colleges want a mid-year report of senior year grades. (8th grade is there for reporting a math class only. I didn't count advanced work completed prior to high school in any other subjects.) 

• Like 1

For most colleges, a year-end grade is fine.  However, some do require the transcript show which semester a course was taken (glaring at you, Missouri State).  You may want to check transcript requirements at the colleges she's most likely to attend.

• Like 2