Menu

Digital piano recs

Kanin

I decided that since I'm going to be stuck in the house for a long time, I'm finally going to buy a digital piano. I've been putting it off because I want a "real" piano, but I finally accepted that since our house is tiny, a real piano would be pretty loud in this space, and when DH is home, he's not going to want to listen to the same pieces over and over and over again. With digital, I can turn it down or use headphones. Actually, DH probably wouldn't say anything but it would bother me. 

I'm looking for something good enough for an intermediate player, less than $1,000. 

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by Mainer

Oh how fun! I got a ukelele from the library before they closed, so that's my little project. :biggrin: No help on the digital piano, but i hope you get one and like it. Did you check amazon? Or maybe look for an online music supply vendor? Some of them have good service and will have a 1800 number to call. I bought instruments for doing music with my dd years ago that way. Don't remember the vendor's name, but they seemed to have EVERYTHING.

Well lookie there, it popped up! https://www.musiciansfriend.com

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pianos

Edited by PeterPan

I have a Casio Privia. I recommend either Casio or Yamaha digitals for my students who want a relatively low price point. There are some absolutely wonderful Korg and Rolands, but they tend to be more expensive. 

this is one site I found when I was buying mine.  He has good information on digitals in different price brackets and skill sets. He also will let you know what things to look for in a piano.

one interesting thing was the casio is rated well, they make their own chips - so they cost less than comparable pianos from other brands that have to buy their chips.

the speaker on a piano will affect the sound, and higher end pianos have better quality speakers.  - some will allow you to plug in your own speakers bypassing that.  I use headphones with mine.

Edited by gardenmom5
i forgot to include the link