Menu

Where can my dd take the CogAT or something similar?

DD14 needs to take the CogAT or another aptitude test to qualify for a program to which she's applying. I have no idea where to have testing like this done and am hoping not to spend a small fortune to jump through this hoop. Any suggestions? We are open to online or paper, as well as suggestions for other similar tests. 

You can order CogAt yourself through BJUP if you have a bachelor's degree.

I don't find CogAt to be particularly helpful in figuring out true aptitude, though, based on our own adventures and misadventures in 2E learning.

If you're just trying to do it to qualify for a specific program AND that program accepts that testing, go for it.  We got more mileage out of a Stanford10 in showing the peaks and valleys of being both gifted and challenged.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

You can order CogAt yourself through BJUP if you have a bachelor's degree.

I don't find CogAt to be particularly helpful in figuring out true aptitude, though, based on our own adventures and misadventures in 2E learning.

If you're just trying to do it to qualify for a specific program AND that program accepts that testing, go for it.  We got more mileage out of a Stanford10 in showing the peaks and valleys of being both gifted and challenged.

Yeah, I put no stock in it myself. It's just a hoop we have to jump through, unfortunately. Thanks for the recommendation!