Menu

What Your X Grader PDF

Slache

19 minutes ago, Plum said:

These are from the newbie thread  I like the old World Book lists over the new one  

Didn't the middle link used to be available in PDF?

I think Lori meant that the Activity Books were never PDFs, rather than the original "What Your X Grader Needs To Know" books. I cannot find the PDFs on Core Knowledge's site, which surprised me. However, it looks like it's still possible to purchase them elsewhere.

First Grade has a Kindle version on Amazon . I also see the books from Preschool - 6th on there. It even looks like the PDFs are on discount at the moment... Some of the books say "Revised and Edited" on them and others do not (4th-6th grade are only available in the non-revised edition); perhaps this might be why they are not on the site at the moment? If so, that would mean they are likely to return when the whole set is updated.

Edited by ieta_cassiopeia
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ieta_cassiopeia said:

I think Lori meant that the Activity Books were never PDFs, rather than the original "What Your X Grader Needs To Know" books. I cannot find the PDFs on Core Knowledge's site, which surprised me. However, it looks like it's still possible to purchase them elsewhere.

First Grade has a Kindle version on Amazon . I also see the books from Preschool - 6th on there. It even looks like the PDFs are on discount at the moment... Some of the books say "Revised and Edited" on them and others do not (4th-6th grade are only available in the non-revised edition); perhaps this might be why they are not on the site at the moment? If so, that would mean they are likely to return when the whole set is updated.

Aha! That makie sensie. Thank you!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mms said:

The pdf I have is an outline for first through eighth that I believe predates the revised books. If I remember correctly, after the first edition which was complete from 1-6, they started publishing the revised books which were supposed to be from 1-8. They published the first six books and stopped, but put out the whole series in outline form for those who needed the last two years. It looks like it is still available

https://www.coreknowledge.org/free-resource/core-knowledge-sequence/

I don't want the outline, I want the books. I'll survive.

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Slache said:

I don't want the outline, I want the books. I'll survive.

Thanks!

The older edition print books are not bad if buying used -- with shipping, about $5-6 apiece.
1st grader -- Abe Books had the only cheap versions of this level
2nd grader
3rd grader
4th grader
5th grader
6th grader

I also felt like the 1st grade one could pretty easily be skipped. We had the 1st through 6th grade books, and I don't think we used hardly any of the 1st grade book. So that would leave you with 5 books to purchase -- so about $30 for 5 books, if going with used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it used to be a thing - in both English and Spanish - on the Core Knowledge website. They are no longer on there. I know they existed, because I used them on occasion in previous years but never saved them. 

All they have available for free in pdf form is the sequence, and then separate LA, History/Geography, and Science units (including teacher guides, student workbook, etc.). But, the stories and such that are in the books are not included.

So after getting Slash excited about this, I dashed all her hopes with the nonexistence of the pdf books. I purchased 3 for $8 on Ebay (buy 2 books, get 1 free).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lori D. said:

The older edition print books are not bad if buying used -- with shipping, about $5-6 apiece.
1st grader -- Abe Books had the only cheap versions of this level
2nd grader
3rd grader
4th grader
5th grader
6th grader

I also felt like the 1st grade one could pretty easily be skipped. We had the 1st through 6th grade books, and I don't think we used hardly any of the 1st grade book. So that would leave you with 5 books to purchase -- so about $30 for 5 books, if going with used.

It's time for my annual declaration that I love Lori D.! 😍

• Thanks 1