Menu

WTM Academy... recommendations?

I'm researching for DS's 10th grade next year, and trying to cast as broad a net as possible. Any teacher or course recommendations from WTM Academy? He's taking Bio with Dr. Bennett this year and LOVES it. He seems to do well in classes when he likes the teacher, and not so well with non-engaging teachers, so my goal is just to come up with a slate of highly-recommended courses from various sources, and then have him choose a selection of them 😎

49 minutes ago, teachermom2834 said:

My ds has had many WTMA classes. He would take anything from Mr. Caro.  My ds adores him and thinks he is so smart and funny. 

I've heard that before! Looks like he's teaching intro to moral philosophy in the spring next year. I bet that would be up DS' alley.

5 minutes ago, Lori D. said:

If you can consider other online course providers, Connie at Clover Valley Chemistry gets rave reviews. She offers regular, honors, and post-AP level courses. 

See reviews in past threads, here, and here.

Thanks! Yes, I was going to ask about other teachers/courses as well.... Just started with WTMA since we have used them before and know we can pay for their courses with charter funds.

• Like 1

I keep hoping that Mr Hummel will teach Rhetoric 1 again! My oldest dd was extremely fortunate to have him as her teacher for Rhetoric 1 and 2 and he was fantastic. One of dd's friends had Rhetoric 1 with him too and thought he was fantastic! They both learned so much from him and my dd has had absolutely no difficulties at all with college writing and I feel a lot of that is because of his classes. Just checked and he's not teaching it 😞 My youngest has only got 2 years after this year so it looks like she won't be able to do those classes.