Menu

Blue Tent Online or Clover Valley Chemistry?

Well, I have no experience with BT, although DD will be taking two classes there this fall (Pre-Calc and Honors Bio), but I can give a very enthusiastic thumbs-up to Connie’s CV chemistry. She is DD’s new favorite teacher and Chem is her new favorite class of all time.

• Like 2

We also have no experience with BT but Clover Chem has been amazing for my son.  Not only is she an amazing instructor, but her class is so well organized and she is extremely responsive.  You can tell how much she is invested in her students' learning. 

Hon Chem has a substantial workload, so I would say if your student is not super interested in Chemistry, it might be a little tough.  My son regularly spends about 1 1/2 hours a day on the material, though it does vary and after a steep learning curve he is getting much better at managing his time. 

I cannot say enough good things about CVC.  seriously.

DD, a sophomore, is taking the honors version.  She came in with some fear/grumbling towards chem, and is not pre-disposed to love something w/ so many rules/memorization/exceptions, but it has been awesome.

It's her most time-consuming class - regularly 1.5 hrs / day. Her willingness and ability to show her work and be more careful has improved markedly.

The class is well run and clearly presented.  I'm a fan.