Menu

Tell me everything you know about home Dermarolling

Katy

I watched this amazing video of a woman who dermarolled her stretch marks and had remarkable results.  Has anyone else tried this?  Did you have amazing results too?  What size needle did you use, how often, and how long until you saw results?

3 hours ago, PrincessMommy said:

I have not done it, but I've see that video advertised.  I haven't watched it yet.

My favorite beauty YouTubers that talk about Dermarolling are:

Penn Smith - an aesthetician who gives a lot of advice about dermarolling.  

Dr. Dray - dermatologist. 

MaryEllen over 60

Jennifer Joyce Beauty

Thanks, I'll check those channels out.  I'm surprised no one else has commented.

8 hours ago, Seasider too said:

I was interested but admit you lost me with the word “needle”!

(haven’t watched the video)

The rollers have these little metal spikes.  The short ones don't really penetrate your skin much, just irritate it enough to increase circulation so you can use them every day or every other. The long ones are more like needles and can cause bleeding.

8 hours ago, arctic_bunny said:

Having never heard of it, I started looking it up, but don’t have a ton of time to devote to it. I’m not sure how I feel about it! I’m certainly not medically trained, lol, so the thought of scar tissue on purpose makes me squeamish.

The shorter ones you use more frequently, the longer ones once a month or 6 weeks. Loose wrinkly skin is fine, you are not supposed to use them on raised scars or active acne.

23 hours ago, Katy said:

I watched this amazing video of a woman who dermarolled her stretch marks and had remarkable results.  Has anyone else tried this?  Did you have amazing results too?  What size needle did you use, how often, and how long until you saw results?

I'd just like to mention this was such a well-done video.  She was so sweet (what an accent!) and I felt real and honest.  I love people who can put out this type of content on youtube!  

• Like 1

Amazing results. But, she is also young-ish and appears healthy so her body can probably repair itself more easily after the sessions than someone who is elderly and/or less healthy. An 80 year old likely won't get the same results with the same number of treatments. Even so, someone who is older/less healthy could probably see improvement.

Some dermatologists will do this, but if you want to diy, it's important to be as hygienic as possible. There are some YouTube videos of dermatologists explaining what to do. Also, I probably wouldn't start with such a deep needle. Using a shorter needle would allow you to see how your body responds to the pokes and serums. With the deep pokes, I'd probably even tape some large sterile gauze over the area for a day or so.

We just but a Joovv that can emit either or both red light and near infra-red light which, among other things, is also supposed to help with wrinkles, baldness and whatnot. We bought it to improve mitochondria health. I guess I'll see if it improves my skin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BeachGal said:

We just but a Joovv that can emit either or both red light and near infra-red light which, among other things, is also supposed to help with wrinkles, baldness and whatnot. We bought it to improve mitochondria health. I guess I'll see if it improves my skin.

Oh, I'll be very interested to hear the results!