Menu

Help with very stink teen boy

SquirrellyMama

I use Lysol in concentrate form as a laundry additive when we have a germy person in the family in an effort to stop the spread.  You don’t need much of the oddly deep red liquid in a load to have it scent the clothes.  I have added it to particularly bad smelling loads and they just ended up smelling like the Lysol concentrate, no more teen boy smell.  I know I prefer the smell to Pine Sol so just a thought.  I pour a bit into the water before adding the clothing and have never had a problem with discoloration as i just add a couple of tablespoons.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jaybee said:

Does it matter which Pine Sol? Or should it be the original? My dh is a runner, and his running clothes could probably benefit from this.

I bought the lemon scented by accident one time and it seemed to work okay. But I stick with the original whenever possible because my gut (but not my nose) tells me it works just a wee bit better. DS23 was/is a runner, too. Cross country and long distance track in high school. And that is exactly what got me started using PineSol.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice re: how much pine-sol. I’m hoping this does the trick because, man, that’s some nasty stank, especially in the pits. 

I have a front loader and we’re on a well with quite hard water that goes through a chlorination-dechlorination process and a water softener.