Menu

Trunk or Treat

TCB

Our church does a trunk or treat every year and we've decorated our car the last 2 years - Alice in Wonderland and Finding Nemo.

We want to do it again this year but can't think of a good one. Does anyone have any good ideas and/or photos they might like to share? I wanted to do a Hobbit Hole but my dd thinks it won't look too good and that nobody will recognize what it is! 

1 hour ago, Chris in VA said:

Dinosaur world? 

What is the purpose in decorating your car? Does it match themed costumes you are wearing?

We usually dress up as well to match but this year I don't think we will. It's going to be a cold evening and we have to stand in the car park for several hours handing out candy. We have about 15 cars decorated in the church car park and the kids come around dressed up in their costumes and look at the cars and we give them candy. We usually have about 2000 kids come through.

ETA: Dinosaur world is a good one. I had wondered about Jurassic Park

Edited by TCB

Several years ago I did an “I Spy” theme, like those books with pictures full of stuff to find.  I used all kinds of toys that I attached to a sheet that I hung in the back of my minivan.  I made a poster with a list of things to find, like 3 shovels and 2 teddy bears.  Super cheap and easy and the kids who came by had fun trying to find everything.  If it’s not too busy, you can tell the kids they have to find everything to before you will give them candy.

Edited by athena1277
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, athena1277 said:

Several years ago I did an “I Spy” theme, like those books with pictures full of stuff to find.  I used all kinds of toys that I attached to a sheet that I hung in the back of my minivan.  I made a poster with a list of things to find, like 3 shovels and 2 teddy bears.  Super cheap and easy and the kids who came by had fun trying to find everything.  If it’s not too busy, you can tell the kids they have to find everything to before you will give them candy.

That sounds really cool! What a good idea!