Menu

what kind of dinnerware do you have for everyday...stoneware, corelle, something different?

ProudGrandma

I also don't like plain white for my dinner ware

At one time I had Pfaltzgraff and I quickly tired of it.  It was heavy and bulky and I found they don't microwave well (heats the plate/bowl but not the food)

I've been using Corelle for many years.  It took me a while to find a pattern I liked too.  Here's the set I have

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Corelle-Impressions-Watercolors-16-Piece-Dinnerware-Set/17654355

I just have the dinner and lunch plate.  I actually like the lunch plate more.

But, since I've remodeled the kitchen I've wanted to change things up.  We rented an Airbnb that used all Polish style pottery plates and dishes.  It was so beautiful together.   But, it would be pottery again and I don't know if I'd  like it in the long-term.  

I just realized Corelle is having a 25% off sale right now.  I may get a few extra (or different pieces) from the design I feel most cheerful using:

https://www.corelle.com/search

though I can get a whole set of some patterns less expensively than just a few Square European Herb pieces.   

It’s interesting what different looks people like!  

I’ve even found looks I myself like change over time.  Or circumstances may make something like weight or not having raised pattern that is hard to hand wash important. 

Edited by Pen

1 hour ago, Pen said:

I just realized Corelle is having a 25% off sale right now.  I may get a few extra (or different pieces) from the design I feel most cheerful using:

https://www.corelle.com/search

though I can get a whole set of some patterns less expensively than just a few Square European Herb pieces.   

It’s interesting what different looks people like!  

I’ve even found looks I myself like change over time.  Or circumstances may make something like weight or not having raised pattern that is hard to hand wash important. 

I just saw that sale too! I got some of the appetizer/snack plates - a set of the ones with the words on them and a set of Halloween ones. 

15 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

What is this voodoo where kids never break these bowls?!  I swear mine go through one every month or two 😓

We haven't yet lost a bowl...

OTOH my kids used the IKEA bowls until they had the appetities for the larger Corelle bowls. (which means they are also older). The IKEA bowls are what are down at their level (and the lunch sized Corelle plates and plastic cups). The other Corelle is higher and they can't reach until they are older.

(and yes the lunch plates are much preferred in this house. Now that we have lunch plates I find the dinner plates get used VERY infrequently. Luckily my sister had quite a few lunch plates!)

Edited by vonfirmath