Menu

Favorite little kids' cookbook?

Chris in VA

I'd like to send my soon-to-be 4 year old granddaughter a cookbook and maybe a cute apron or utensils for her Oct birthday. It needs to be very healthy stuff--this is to help her eat better. She's drinking a lot of milk and her dad (my son) would like her to cut back and start eating more of a variety of foods. I suggested she help cook things, and then we thought about a cookbook to make some fun kid-friendly recipes. 

Any recommendations? Back in the day, I would use KinderCrunchies in my preschool classroom, but it isn't the healthiest, and they are kinda fanatic about organic this and that, and so on. 

Pretend Soup by Molly Katzen!  She has others but this is the first and I think the best fit for a four year old.

In the book, I think, she suggests getting an acrylic cookbook stand so the recipe is easy to see.  Each recipe is written but also drawn out in steps.  Eta: a stand could be a nice addition to a gift

The Amazon page seems to have a lot of info:  https://www.amazon.com/Pretend-Soup-Other-Real-Recipes/dp/1883672066/ref=asc_df_1883672066/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312696674585&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2347123485517166026&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021537&hvtargid=pla-540841344443&psc=1

Edited by happi duck