Menu

SoTW Documentaries?

Ema

Is there a thread about documentaries that line up with SoTW? Did I completely miss it in my search? Or if not, does anyone have a good list of documentaries for SoTW Volume 1 (or/and the other volumes as well)? I am want to implement Documentary Wednesday into our HS and would love suggestions. I have been trying to compile a list, but why reinvent the wheel if there is already one rolling around out there! 😁

Thanks!

• Like 1

That is too bad! I put one I had found at the library on last night for them but it was rather boring, even for me. Sigh. I guess I will have to start watching documentaries every night to find good ones. That is something that would be nice to have included in future editions of SoTW. I like that there are sometimes audiobook suggestions, but documentaries would be a very welcome inclusion.

It would be nice to have a thread on that.   Or maybe even four threads for each year.  I'd like to do documentaries, but just the thought of finding them makes me tired. 

I understand why she shouldn't put that in the books.   The ones available (easily) would change so much.  I have an IRL homeschooling friend that hates Netflix but keeps it for the documentaries.   So, they must be there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shawthorne44 said:

It would be nice to have a thread on that.   Or maybe even four threads for each year.  I'd like to do documentaries, but just the thought of finding them makes me tired. 

I understand why she shouldn't put that in the books.   The ones available (easily) would change so much.  I have an IRL homeschooling friend that hates Netflix but keeps it for the documentaries.   So, they must be there. 

Netflix has NOVA and BBC programs which we have enjoyed for both history and science.

2 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

Have you checked out Brookdale House's collection?  https://brookdalehouse.com/history-videos-for-kids/

No, but I will, thanks!

2 hours ago, knitgrl said:

Netflix has NOVA and BBC programs which we have enjoyed for both history and science.

I am aware of the NOVA program, just have not watched one yet (just starting to look into this). Glad to know you recommend them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shawthorne44 said:

Yes! One thread per year! 

And I suppose they would be outdated pretty quickly. Sigh. Oh well.