Menu

Question for diabetics

Scarlett

I have a family member who is institutionalized in another state. He is a diabetic.  I would like to send him some snacks...he loves sweets,  but anything would be good I guess.  Can someone make a suggestion of something diabetic approved that’s I can mail order and have shipped directly to him.  

He has schizophrenia....I think my words above made it sound like  he is in prison.  🙂 I talked to him yesterday and I think he was saying something about coffee candy.  ??

Is it type 2 diabetes? or type 1?

My dd has type 1 and she has regular treats - she doesn't like the sugar-free ones   and we just give her the correct amount of insulin to cover the carbs.

I would just make sure whatever you send has a carb count on the packaging. 🙂

Edited by Mothersweets

21 minutes ago, Mothersweets said:

Is it type 2 diabetes? or type 1?

My dd has type 1 and she has regular treats - she doesn't like the sugar-free ones   and we just give her the correct amount of insulin to cover the carbs.

I would just make sure whatever you send has a carb count on the packaging. 🙂

I don’t know . I do know he has it as a result of the medication he takes.  

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

If he has specifically asked for coffee candy, then I would just get him a sugar free coffee candy.  This is a brand that my mom (a diabetic) likes:  https://www.amazon.com/Nips-Sugar-Coffee-Candy-3-25-Ounce/dp/B000V9G1EE

Ty!  When I started looking at candy on line I stayed to think maybe I misunderstood him and he was saying chocolate. He was very hard to understand yesterday.