Menu

FYI - Teaching Textbooks Online is down - technical problems

ktgrok

We have been trying to log in all day, and they have on their facebook page this message (which I am not fully satisfied with):

Dear TT Customers

We are still experiencing incredibly high demand for our 3.0 product which has resulted in continued connectivity troubles for many users. Over the past 24 hours, we moved the 3.0 to a new provider and this has introduced several new issues. We are unable to provide an exact time frame for a resolution, though our developers are working as quickly as possible to determine the cause and get it fixed. We recommend trying again later this afternoon.

We understand this situation has set many students back and parents understandably want to know what we plan to do about it. Since the trouble is ongoing, we do not yet know the full extent of the outage. Once we have the system stable, our customer service department will be happy to extend subscriptions at no cost. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience as we continue to work toward stabilizing the system.

• Like 1

Wow, just read all the FB replies.  (Well, not ALL...but enough.) Lots of angry mommas. My kids have been able to get on all week, but it's just been running a little laggy/glitchy. We've not missed the whole week like some apparently have. That'd be frustrating. I saw recently on FB that Essentials in Writing had been similarly overwhelmed at the start of the year and had to make server changes. 

We can't even see our Alg 2 because we purchased Friday, before we knew this craziness was going on.  We also ordered the physical textbooks but they won't arrive for quite a while.  So, my dd is already two weeks behind in math (after a failed co-op class attempt) and now each day this week will put her further behind.  

I hope it gets resolved soon.  My husband was in networking for over 20 years and though we feel compassion for them and we support them, as a small business with a truly life changing product, I hope they make some changes to their staff and hire people who can be more proactive, and more on their game.  

• Like 1

I had no interest in using their 3.0 product because of all the glitches and was glad that I already had discs on hand for DS to start school tomorrow.

Only it's being installed on a new computer for a new year and the serial code comes up as invalid.  🙄 The website tells me they have issues now with MY product as well. 

I sent an e-mail, but I work at 5:30 am, and DS will do schoolwork while I'm gone.   So he won't do algebra tomorrow and will start out the year behind.   So annoying.  I hope they respond tomorrow so it's only one day that I can maybe talk him into doing extra of later this week.