Menu

trashbags:need budget friendly rec

prairiewindmomma

I need a recommendation (preferably amazon) for waterproof bathroom trash can/bin liners.

Previously, we reused 3-4 plastic shopping bags a month. I am hesitant to buy plastic trash bags online because they use a thicker plastic than shopping bags.

Using a plastic trash can (no liner) leads to odor problems after a few months. Using a metal can without a liner leads to rust. Any suggestions? No one is willing to carry bathroom items to the kitchen trash can, so I need to find a solution.

What about a washable wet bag?  Like the kind used for diapers.  It can be emptied into the kitchen trash on your weekly collection day and go in a quick wash.

We use just regular plastic trash cans and rinse them out with a baking soda solution each week.

Well, I'm not sure that it would be considered budget-friendly, but SimpleHuman makes really good trash bags, and they're available from Amazon, and the price point is better if you buy in bulk and/or Subscribe and Save.

I have odd-sized square cans for trash and recycling, and love that I can get a perfect fit from SimpleHuman, and that I can buy in advance and never have to worry about running out. And I've never had one break or split or any other kind of trash bag disaster. Also, I'm weird, but it makes me really happy to be able to have the white bag for trash and the blue for recycling.

ETA: I use the H bags for our main house trash. My (teen) dd shared a bathroom with her older brother for the last several years and was really self-conscious about her personal trash. I got her a small lidded trash that fits on the inside of the bathroom cabinet door. It takes the R bags.  

Edited by Rockhopper