Menu

Finishing Algebra II in Feb....THEN WHAT TIL MAY?

Heh, ya'll!

Oldest ds will complete his Algebra II curriculum early this year in Feb.....(He has done Alg.I, Geometry, and Algebra II.)

I don't want to start Pre-Calc until the next school year starts, around July.

What kind of things could he do to work on some more Algebra II until then? This would be from mid February til say May.......

Thought about....

Fred.....

The Teaching Company Algebra II by Murray Siegal(which is on sale in Dec!)

Aleks.....

Any other thoughts or ideas..... Just don't want to "rush" to Pre-Calc...Algebra II is sooo important.....

Thanks for any ideas....

Blessings,

Brenda

I wouldn't want to rush to Pre-Calc either.

However, when my son finishes Algebra-2 he will go right to the pre-Calc book the next week. I wouldn't consider it a rush if the Algebra-2 is done ;)

But your possible ideas sounded appropriate for what you are wanting.

I would think maybe some problem solving resource might be worth considering ?

:)

http://www.challengemath.com/realworldalgebra.htm

http://TinyURL.com/BridgeMath

Edited by Moni

I would relish having that problem:001_smile:

You've already gotten some good suggestions, but here are two more. My oldest ds completed The Joy of Thinking course from the Teaching Company as a semester elective. (We bought the corresponding textbook). It was fabulous for any mathie. Another idea is using Chalkdust's SAT prep course (or any other SAT math prep).

Well, I usually go ahead and buy any helps I can get with mathematics, so I do recommend getting the instructor's guide. You do not have to buy the test booklet, but they do have one. A workbook is available, but we never bought it.

Kareni had a good idea...gotta keep up those Alg. II skills for further study and those wonderful standardized tests!

BTW, I only popped in on the boards this past week, just like you. Great minds think alike? Or is it desperate homeschool moms always find each other!:D

Yvonne in AL