Menu

MLM powered milk, anyone remember?

DawnM

There was a company that made powdered milk and would ship it to you.  As I remember it, it was a MLM back in the day (90s).  It came in non-fat, low-fat, and flavored.  They sold a pitcher with it that you pumped to mix the milk.  It tasted nothing like powdered milk you buy in the stores.

I tried to google it but only something called Meadow Farms popped up, and they make actual milk, which wasn't this company I am thinking of.

Anyone know who it was and if they are still around or what it was called?

7 hours ago, Lady Marmalade said:

My first thought was Thrive Life freeze dried foods, but I don't think that's it because I think it's more recent.

Ah, my google-fu came up with Meadow Fresh.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/business/1982/04/04/meadow-fresh-gold-and-whey/9fcacee7-9a00-496a-a5c4-8140cf1159ef/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5d517f882678

Yeah, pretty sure that is the same as Meadow Farms I mentioned in my first post.

• 3 months later...

Old thread, but I was searching on the Web for Meadow Fresh and this thread popped up.

My family were MLM for it back in the early 80s. I remember that it was a whey based beverage, vanilla, chocolate and orange. It also had coconut oil in it. I remember practically being tossed out of a chiropractor office...they told us they wouldn’t feed it to their dogs.

in light of the current nutrition trends, I would love to find the nutritional info on it.

There appears some new interest by the original developer in putting it back on the market.

• Like 1

I don't remember which company that was, but I do remember that.

I do remember seeing a YouTube video that most grocery store milk was powdered at some point (especially skim), and you could make powdered milk taste exactly like regular milk by mixing it in a blender at least the night before and leaving it in the fridge overnight, and maybe adding a teaspoon of sugar.  I'm pretty sure it was this creator, but it was YEARS ago, and not this specific video..  Anyway, here are her tips now:

4 hours ago, Katy said:

I don't remember which company that was, but I do remember that.

I do remember seeing a YouTube video that most grocery store milk was powdered at some point (especially skim), and you could make powdered milk taste exactly like regular milk by mixing it in a blender at least the night before and leaving it in the fridge overnight, and maybe adding a teaspoon of sugar.  I'm pretty sure it was this creator, but it was YEARS ago, and not this specific video..  Anyway, here are her tips now:

I grew up on powdered milk.   Yes, blended very well, and refrigerated overnight.

15 hours ago, KatieinMich said:

Old thread, but I was searching on the Web for Meadow Fresh and this thread popped up.

My family were MLM for it back in the early 80s. I remember that it was a whey based beverage, vanilla, chocolate and orange. It also had coconut oil in it. I remember practically being tossed out of a chiropractor office...they told us they wouldn’t feed it to their dogs.

in light of the current nutrition trends, I would love to find the nutritional info on it.

There appears some new interest by the original developer in putting it back on the market.

Interesting!  I just remember it was very low calorie.  I only ordered it a couple of times.   I used it in smoothies, before they were called smoothies and before they were so popular.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Through Google I came across this thread after my dad who was a huge seller of this product. It was called meadow fresh whey-based powdered milk. He told me the story of the downfall of the MLM based out of Salt Lake City UT. Here is the last website for the product. http://whey-milk.com/ . I remember it came in 3 flavors vanilla, chocolate and orange dream. All were great tasting after blending and were low calorie. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Justgrad19 said:

Through Google I came across this thread after my dad who was a huge seller of this product. It was called meadow fresh whey-based powdered milk. He told me the story of the downfall of the MLM based out of Salt Lake City UT. Here is the last website for the product. http://whey-milk.com/ . I remember it came in 3 flavors vanilla, chocolate and orange dream. All were great tasting after blending and were low calorie. 

YES!  That was it!  And they were really tasty.  I remember the orange now that you mention it.  There wasn't strawberry? I thought there was a strawberry.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...