Menu

High school transcript plus a descriptive sheet the courses taken?

JadeOrchidSong

Ds16 will apply for the U of MN PSEO dual enrollment. A friend suggests that we do a descriptive sheet of the courses taken along with the transcript. 

Have you done this? What do you include in it? If you don't mind, can I see a sample of your sheet? Thanks! 

The deadline is April 15. So I will rush to have this done and hand deliver the material since it's only two miles from my home. 

I agree with Nancy.  Often colleges have different documentation requirements for students doing dual enrollment or other non-degree seeking status.  I wouldn't make work for yourself unless they are going to use it.

However, this is a great time to get caught up on a course description document to use for senior year college applications.  So you might want to pull things together while current and recent courses are fresh in your mind.

• Like 2

Agreeing with Nancy in NH and Sebastian (a lady).

And if you do need to make a Course Description document, here are some past threads with explanations and examples:
"What goes in a Course Description?"
"Transcript Course Description -- Math U See Algebra 1 example"
"Course description template"
"Course description question on grading"

PS -- there are a number of additional past threads on writing course descriptions, as well as great past threads on transcripts and other record keeping topics, in POST #1 of the big pinned thread at the top of the high school board: "High School Motherlode #2".

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 2