Menu

Changing topic - Smoothies

Night Elf

We like the book Body Love by Kelly Leveque for smoothie recipes and commonsense balance.

I drink a spinach smoothie every morning; it keeps me full and my blood sugars balanced for hours. Almond milk, organic spinach, flax meal (or chia seeds or hemp), avocado, almond butter, protein powder. 377 calories of pure deliciousness. :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MEmama said:

We like the book Body Love by Kelly Leveque for smoothie recipes and commonsense balance.

I drink a spinach smoothie every morning; it keeps me full and my blood sugars balanced for hours. Almond milk, organic spinach, flax meal (or chia seeds or hemp), avocado, almond butter, protein powder. 377 calories of pure deliciousness. 🙂

I have just a plain jane regular blender. Will it blend nut butters with fruits and veggies or will it all glop up? I love the idea of using almond milk. I'm not a big juice drinker.

34 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

No recommendations but I tried making a green smoothie for the first time yesterday and dump a serving of spinach into my blender along with fruits and almond milk. My kids called the end product green sludge 😂 

But how did it taste? Did the kids try it?

25 minutes ago, Night Elf said:

But how did it taste? Did the kids try it?

DS13 who is less picky tried it and drank up 8oz/240ml of it. He said it was okay.  I diluted my 12oz cup with more almond milk and it was okay. I used spinach, carrots, bananas, kiwis, avocados and almond milk. Below link is the blender I have 

https://www.amazon.com/400-Watt-Processor-Blending-Chopping-QB900B/dp/B003XU3C7M

48 minutes ago, Night Elf said:

I have just a plain jane regular blender. Will it blend nut butters with fruits and veggies or will it all glop up? I love the idea of using almond milk. I'm not a big juice drinker.

We have one by Bella--it was really inexpensive on Amazon. You do something with enough power if you are going to use greens; a regular blender won't work. 

The only fruit we use in smoothies--and only occasionally--is blueberries. Fruit juice, never.