Menu

Anything secular like CLE math?

three4me

We’ve been loving CLE math for several years, but I’m looking into other maths that our charter school would pay for. So I’m looking for something secular. What DD likes about CLE is that it’s written to the student and has room to work the problems. Also, the spiral approach works well for her. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ok, thanks! I don’t mind spending the money if there isn’t going to be an easy replacement. I borrowed Saxon from our lending library but it just looks overwhelming to me without white space to work problems. We may give it a try for a month or so since DD is almost finished with CLE 500s but I’ll expect to buy 600s soon. 

On 3/5/2019 at 3:03 PM, Farrar said:

It's not that expensive. I'd stick with it if you can afford it. I know a number of secular users who use CLE.

If you can use the charter funds for other things, I'd spring for math enrichment with it.

That’s what we had to do, too. 

We are a secular homeschooling family by choice and I've yet to find anything as effective as CLE for my girls. We switched to TT for this school year (3rd grade) and it was a disaster so we are back with CLE and everyone is happy. Fortunately their prices are pretty reasonable, especially compared to a few other popular math programs. I'd stick with it if it works.