Menu

Help me price this refrigerator

Scarlett

It is a 26 c whirlpool stainless steel,   French door,  bottom freezer,  ice and water in the door.  It is in perfect condition save one pea size dent from someone opening a door into it.  It is about 4 years old.  It looks like new they are selling for about 2200. 

Oh also it is the Gold series.  I doubt that matters though. 

Edited by Scarlett
  • Like 1

I would sell for 1/3 of retail. If I was putting it on Craigslist, I would list for $990 and take any offer that was down to one-third of retail. If it didn't sell in a week or two, I would post at 1/3 and then take an offer down to 1/4. The next week post at 1/4.

If I was buying new, I would expect that half of the life expectancy was gone from a 4 year old appliance. (new appliances don't tend to have very long lives). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tap said:

I would sell for 1/3 of retail. If I was putting it on Craigslist, I would list for $990 and take any offer that was down to one-third of retail. If it didn't sell in a week or two, I would post at 1/3 and then take an offer down to 1/4. The next week post at 1/4.

If I was buying new, I would expect that half of the life expectancy was gone from a 4 year old appliance. (new appliances don't tend to have very long lives). 

That is higher than I was thinking of pricing it.  So thank you. I agree these days 4 years is old’ by appliance standards.  

13 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

That is higher than I was thinking of pricing it.  So thank you. I agree these days 4 years is old’ by appliance standards.  

I live in a high cost of living area with tons of new housing. Household items sell fairly well here. 

I am selling it now because we have an acquaintance who has that 42 inch for sale. It is new, he was doing demo in a new house where the owners didnt  like it and they let him have it. 

It is an $8000 refrigerator and we are getting it for &800. Paperwork still inside it. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I am selling it now because we have an acquaintance who has that 42 inch for sale. It is new, he was doing demo in a new house where the owners didnt  like it and they let him have it. 

It is an $8000 refrigerator and we are getting it for &800. Paperwork still inside it. 

Wow that is awesome! What makes it so expensive?  

2 hours ago, Scarlett said:

It is cabinet depth

KitchenAid

has the panels to match your kitchen cabinets 

made for high end kitchens. I have never considered an 8k fridge do I don’t know much. 

Well, if I remember the kitchen floor plan of your new house correctly, it sounds like it will go quite nicely in it! What a steal!

• Thanks 1