Menu

Easy, not too difficult or challenging outsourced Government/Econ?

So after all those thread about my dd being so tired of AOP Monarch, we decided to keep it and just give her a break with their Science.  

Unfortunately my dd is of the disposition that she not only needs accountability (preferably outside), but also tends to complain and even manipulate her way out of doing the work...

SO, we really can't have me assigning and grading. 🙂 We are hoping our co-op will offer Government and/or Econ next year but generally they tend to switch off between American and World history.

So far my list includes:

Monarch

Silicon Valley Online High School

K12 (probably would be on the challenging side)

• Like 1

My ds has Govt/Econ with WTMA this year and it is one of his easiest classes. The teacher is fun and nice. I believe my ds has a 99.7 or something like that for an average so it certainly isn’t harshly graded. I have seen comments on here about the course being too light so it definitely is not one from WTMA known for being very rigorous. 

That said, my ds has learned a lot and really enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

The WTMA course syllabus says you read 50-75 pages per week and each week do a 1-2 page written summary in response to a question each week, plus write-up a summary of the week's reading. That sounded very time consuming so I was looking for something lighter. But maybe it's not bad in reality?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DeniseF said:

The WTMA course syllabus says you read 50-75 pages per week and each week do a 1-2 page written summary in response to a question each week, plus write-up a summary of the week's reading. That sounded very time consuming so I was looking for something lighter. But maybe it's not bad in reality?  

Hmmm...ds is out of town but I will ask him. If this is the case I am seriously selling his efforts short. Ds is a good student and he is not at all a perfectionist so it is possible he works more quickly than an average student. Would like to hear someone else chime in. 

• Like 2

This link is about what (at least some people) at College Board believe are the 2 most important things students should know about. Computer Science and the U.S. Constitution.   IMO a soft course for U.S. Government is not a good idea.  And I think that's only one semester?     https://www.thisisinsider.com/college-board-constitution-computer-science-skills-2019-2