Menu

Accountability Thread 2/3-2/9

Have fun Critter and Teen Critters! Sounds wonderful! 

We'll play outside today, for sure. We will also get out and do a few errands. 

Regular school day first, though. Memory work, copy work, spelling, grammar, math, and geography before lunch. Outside time, piano practice, and art after lunch. Reading before bed. 

• Like 1

We just got back from a major trip and are feeling pretty good. I'm hoping to get a full week's school done this week. Today so far the girls are mostly done, just some work with me left and a whiny attitude from dd10 who may find herself with some extra chores this afternoon. 

On top of that, our landlord is showing our house twice this week, so I have some serious cleaning to do. Which is crazy stressing me out for some reason. I hate having a landlord so much. I want to be completely in charge of my space. Which is why it is good we're in the process of buying a house right now, but that also stresses me out. So I basically have a constant stress tummy ache. But at least school should go well! 

• Like 2

Hey All,

Hope all things work out for all of you.

DH off work so family time.

School done so far- poetry breakfast, calendar, weather, Bible stories, memory verses, history of our state, she read some poems to me, audiobooks while she worked on a personal project. 

It's cold today but we went out to several places.

Went to recreational center for basketball and ping pong.

Home for late lunch.

DH bought an art book to work on teaching DD6 drawing.

Tomorrow is Daddy/Daughter Day so Momma can clean house and have some alone time.😀

Going to have her read to Daddy and practice her writing. 

• Like 2

Glad you are feeling a little better HSL, in spite of continued plumbing and vehicle issues. 

MeaganS- I'm so jealous! I want to take a trip so badly! I don't care where, I just want to get away for a bit, ya know? That's awesome that you are buying a house! Keep us posted on the excitement!

Today, we have a normal school day. Memory work, spelling, grammar for dd, writing for ds, handwriting, math, and geography before lunch. Exercise, weekly chore, piano practice, and reading after lunch. Extra curriculars tonight.

I have a lot to do after schoolwork is done because tomorrow is a really really big medical day. I have to pack up independent schoolwork for the kids to do at the sitter's, pack extra clothes and shoes for them because they always get filthy romping around in the woods while there, pack snacks and drinks for the 3 hour one way drive, pack records, imaging, meds, chargers, devices, ear buds, clean the car, get gas, and I'm sure I'm missing something...

• Like 1

Its Daddy/ Daughter Day today.

Family breakfast

She did calendar, weather and memory verse with me and Bible story with Dad

She wanted to read one of her books to me.

Dad took her to storytime today. The weather isn't good so they came straight home after.

Family lunch and they told me all about storytime.

Things under a microscope with Dad.

Science/history shows with Dad

They are going to make cookies soon.

They are going to hang up their bird feeders outside that they made at storytime.

Games and play

They will spend some time drawing from the book he got yesterday. 

Then, who knows?

• Like 2

I got some writing and some revising done, and I like where the revising is going. I was worried I wouldn't, but...let's just say I have a very smart agent who knows my story almost as well as I know it. 

I never got rid of the headache I had this morning, but there's always tomorrow. I found an art contest I want to enter. I'd love to win. The prize is a lot of art supplies! I won't win, but it's nice to dream about it. Other than that, I have a meeting tonight, my house is a mess, and there's not much to eat in the house because it's the time of month when the cupboard just gets a little bare, you know? But there are leftovers, and they are good leftovers. So there. 

• Like 1

Good afternoon! We took the day off. I figured with two days out this week, three days wasn't worth the fight, and we hadn't taken a week off in forever. So I wrote this morning, revised, and the boys played, watched documentaries, read books and just relaxed. 

I also did some framing. My folks hit the thrift stores for me and bought me a ton of used frames, which are perfect for the art show in May. I framed two, and have a couple needing mats, but I should have plenty of stock for sale. Gulp. I have never in my life sold an art piece, although I've done a couple that were requested, and still have one of those to do this year. Maybe this month if I get my act together.

• Like 1

We are under a winter weather advisory, here, Mommyof1. Sounds like you are expected to get worse winter weather than us. 

Was the source of the plumbing issue discovered, HSL? And what did you bake? 😊 I could go for some homemade cookies or something...

Long medical day today. Blah blah blah. It gets tiring. The kids had independent work to do today and when we got home, I went ahead and did read alouds with them. I really wanted some snuggles and a fun story was my bait. 😂 

I finally finished the book I was reading to ds. So we got online to decide on our next read aloud and I've already put a hold on them at the library. Yes, them. He could only narrow it down to three choices. Which is fine. I'm just glad he's branching out in his interests. 

Edited by MrsRobinson
  • Like 1

I have had problems with the site too and I couldn't post all day yesterday! I'm finally in! 

HSL, it sounds like the property manager would be better off putting in a new drain line since its still causing problems. What a hassle for you! 

Yesterday, we did a full school day plus the library.

I am trying to bring some of the fun back in our homeschool rather than focusing on catching up or stressing because of all the appointment interruptions. So to that end, we started a long term science project! The kids were very excited. I also let them do some free writing, which is always a winner here. They love being encouraged to express their thoughts and ideas. 

Today is school work, allergy injections, shopping for the project, and family movie night. We are going to make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! So hopefully its another *good* day. 

Edited by MrsRobinson
Missed a word

We've done ok this week. With showing the house for our landlords, I've had to keep the house extra tidy (and do a deep cleaning in the first place). WIth 4 kids and a snowstorm going outside, that's been rough. But hopefully one of the showings will work and we won't have to do this anymore. The girls did 2 full days and one half day so far this week, and I'm determined to do a full day today. I feel like February in Minnesota is hitting me hard and am keeping my SAD light and vitamin D close. At least the house is as clean as it ever gets!

• Like 1

@MeaganS You've done a lot of school considering everything you have going on with moving! We ended up with a full month off of bookwork by the time moving was all said and done. Of course, I had a new baby, too, and was breastfeeding round the clock. How old is your youngest? (I'm on mobile.) 

I keep meaning to get one of those lights...  Does it really help? Maybe they'll go on sale in the spring! 😁

15 minutes ago, MrsRobinson said:

@MeaganS You've done a lot of school considering everything you have going on with moving! We ended up with a full month off of bookwork by the time moving was all said and done. Of course, I had a new baby, too, and was breastfeeding round the clock. How old is your youngest? (I'm on mobile.) 

I keep meaning to get one of those lights...  Does it really help? Maybe they'll go on sale in the spring! 😁

To be fair, we aren't moving for a few more months. For some reason our landlord is looking for renters several months out? We are in the process of buying a house right now though, so that's fun.

My youngest is 3 (10, 8, 6, 3) and she's my little buddy, for better for worst. She can be independent, but mostly she wants to cuddle and talk to me all day. When dd6 was born, I had a c-section and we move 6 weeks later. And dh was in medical school and could spare literally 1/2 a day to the whole process. That was miserable. I'd take moving 8 months pregnant (which I also did once) over having an infant.

I imagine when we actually move, we'll probably take a full month-ish off. That's part of the reason I want to be really good right now! No reason not to be. For the most part, we have literally nothing to do and nowhere to go for the next several weeks. 

As for the light, it might be too early to tell. Last winter was seriously rough on me, though. That's one of the main reasons we're moving. I can't do this long-term. So this winter I bought the light. I haven't really used it much until this week. In my sample size of 5 days, 4 of which I used the light and 1 I didn't, I only felt really down the day I didn't. So... maybe? If nothing else, it gives me an excuse to sit in my bed and read for a half hour after I wake up. 🙂

(As an aside, I'm sitting here with dd8 while she works on writing. She's pouting hard with silent tears, because I'm making her write six sentences out in her writing lesson. *Gasp*. She doesn't view writing as a subject worth taking time and puts up a fuss any time it takes more than 5 minutes. We need to work on that. It's a mental shift she needs to make more than a capability or work level issue.)

Edited by MeaganS
  • Like 1

...and she just threw her book at the wall when she finished. My trash can is going to be gleaming clean this afternoon! 

This dd is perfectly capable of the work. She's trying out this whole temper tantrum thing and it's not going to fly. I can see the hesitation in her eyes before she's acting out. This won't last long. 

• Haha 1

I couldn't post yesterday either. The site was behaving strangely. 

School was done differently yesterday.

We did her Bible stories and memory verses,  calendar, weather,  practiced writing on the fogged up windows, we shared reading a book (DH, DD6 & Myself), oral math and Drive thru History. 

Today, is usually our busiest day but it was below zero and icey so DH took the car to work.

Paid bills over the phone instead. 

Ordered pizza since grocery shopping is pushed till tomorrow. 

School today - Bible stories, memory verses,  calendar, weather,  she read to me, oral math, learning to draw from an art book and I read to her literature and state history. We also listen to some jazz music from people we learned about in our history.

Chores.

• Like 1

Lol on the gleaming trashcan @MeaganS  I don't know why I've never thought of that one! 😂 On the writing issue, your dd sounds like mine. She's almost 11 and is just now showing more willingness with writing. She still doesn't have the output that a public schooled 5th grader would but I don't think that was my goal. Hang in there! Hopefully at least the tantrums will stop if she doesn't want the consequences. 

@happysmileylady that is too funny that they did states in their free time! I love it when that happens! It sounds like they were getting along nicely too, so double bonus! 😂 

@Mommyof1 I'm thinking about stealing your idea and ordering pizza here in a minute. I never do that, I always go pick it up but it is so cold! 

Okay, I'm signing off the forums for the weekend! Have a great weekend everyone!