Menu

Something to do in Denver needed

Nemom

I had to make a last minute trip to Denver. I have a Drs appt tomorrow at 2:00pm.  I need something to do until then.  Anything outdoors that isn't to far from downtown?  I walked around downtown this afternoon.

Anything close to the mountains?

Thanks!

Just north of the city is the Rocky Mountain Arsenal ... it's really close and there is a lot of wildlife to see and some decent trails but you're not any closer to the mountains... but theres buffalo.. so, that's a plus. 

https://www.fws.gov/refuge/rocky_mountain_arsenal/

If you're willing to drive a little further, Red Rocks is a popular spot (the amphitheater) and gets you into some more woodsiness, Morrison is nice. Or Roxborough State Park on the south end of town (Littleton) is awesome and unique but to get back downtown by 2, you're pushing it. 

1 minute ago, theelfqueen said:

Just north of the city is the Rocky Mountain Arsenal ... it's really close and there is a lot of wildlife to see and some decent trails but you're not any closer to the mountains... but theres buffalo.. so, that's a plus. 

https://www.fws.gov/refuge/rocky_mountain_arsenal/

If you're willing to drive a little further, Red Rocks is a popular spot (the amphitheater) and gets you into some more woodsiness, Morrison is nice. Or Roxborough State Park on the south end of town (Littleton) is awesome and unique but to get back downtown by 2, you're pushing it. 

Love Red Rocks!  We were there last summer.  Anything good in Golden?

Golden is fun, really old West feel downtown, School of Mines is neat... obviously the Coors factory is the big draw... and Lookout Mountain but depending on your morning, your timeline could be pretty tight. 

If you're going to drive that far, I'd go to Boulder. Much more unique offerings, good food options for dietary restrictions and the Flatirons are gorgeous. 

Edited by theelfqueen

I’d skip Torchy’s for sure. It’s a chain and it’s meh, at best.   Comida, tacos tequila and whiskey, Dos Santos, anywhere that isn’t a chain from Texas (sorry, mama).  There’s City o’ City and Watercourse foods that do gf?

Bluff lake, Barr lake, Rocky Mountain Arsenal, Denver botanic gardens, the zoo, City park, Cherry creek area for shopping, and I’m tapped!

• Thanks 1