Menu

Tell me about Quebec City

Innisfree

Thinking about a trip this summer...

How long would you want to stay in the city? We'd be interested in history, architecture, restaurants, just soaking up atmosphere.

I'm envisioning a week, but we could potentially spend more time in the city, or we could spend some time in other areas. 

We've never been there, or to Quebec at all. Anyone with experience want to chat?

6 minutes ago, MEmama said:

It's a small city. A full day or two is plenty for exploring the old town, including museums and tours. 

Thank you! So, do you (or others) think a week is too long? Or just plenty of time to relax as well as explore? It looks like such a lovely city.

I'm also kind of interested in driving up to Tadoussac for a chance to see whales, but that looks like it's too long to be a day trip, so maybe a night or two.

6 minutes ago, Innisfree said:

Thank you! So, do you (or others) think a week is too long? Or just plenty of time to relax as well as explore? It looks like such a lovely city.

I'm also kind of interested in driving up to Tadoussac for a chance to see whales, but that looks like it's too long to be a day trip, so maybe a night or two.

I'd spend a couple of days in the city, then head up to the national park or to the Gaspe peninsula. If you prefer more urban, you could do Montreal and Quebec City in that time. 

Quebec City is very small and relaxed with lots of green space right in the old town. 

• Like 2

You can find enough things to do in and around Quebec City to fill a few days, possibly a week. It depends on what you are interested in seeing. Just outside Quebec City are the Montmorency Falls and Sainte Anne de Beaupre (a nice church with really nice stations of the cross walking path outdoors). These are worth seeing. There's also Ile d'Orleans just outside Quebec City, which is a nice island to drive around. 

There's also a huge water park outside Quebec City called Valcartier. It's very cool. 

Montreal is a lot larger and busy. It's nice, too, though it has a completely different atmosphere. Quebec City is much more unique.

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1