Menu

Anybody order their Snapfish free book from the Oprah site yet?

I placed my order tonight - did it the "right" way, as far as I can tell. I saw the credit in my account, clicked on the link to redeem it, ordered my book. No credit in the shopping cart.

I've gotten an email into cust. serv. - I'm assuming they'll credit me the cost of the book. Anyone else run into this?

I'll just BET those Snapfish people are cursing Oprah right now!!! ;)

I placed my order tonight - did it the "right" way, as far as I can tell. I saw the credit in my account, clicked on the link to redeem it, ordered my book. No credit in the shopping cart.

I've gotten an email into cust. serv. - I'm assuming they'll credit me the cost of the book. Anyone else run into this?

I'll just BET those Snapfish people are cursing Oprah right now!!! ;)

I did mine last Friday and it automatically credited it. I thought you had to purchase it by Sunday to get the free book.

Well, Mindy, I figured it out -

Snapfish extended the offer until this coming Sunday, due to demand.

Today, I got an email saying shipping was free all day. So, smarty-pants me, decides to use that code in addition to the free book. Aren't I a genius?

Not.:001_huh:

Turns out, you can't use the free ship code AND the free book code in the same order. (Gee, why WON'T Snapfish take a loss? Hmmm. . . .) I figured this out, since my dd is ordering a book, too. We didn't put the free ship code in on hers, and voila! Free book.

I'm hoping I can contact Cust. Serv. and have them "uncredit" the free shipping and "credit" the free book.

Otherwise, I will be very. cranky.:glare:

Thanks anyways!

figured this out, since my dd is ordering a book, too. We didn't put the free ship code in on hers, and voila! Free book.

it said one book per household ... could that be why it's not crediting the second book? Just wondering if it's catching you on that technicality somehow.

I ordered mine on Saturday. Can't wait to see it.

Edited by Chika

it said one book per household ... could that be why it's not crediting the second book? Just wondering if it's catching you on that technicality somehow.

I ordered mine on Saturday. Can't wait to see it.

Figured they'd be smarter than me! ;)

Hey - if I got the first book, free, then the second one shipped free, it's still an average of $15 per book - not a bad deal for my inlaws Christmas presents.

I finally finished up my order yesterday. I had so many issues, I'm sure due to the sudden demand placed on them. I started creating the book last week as soon as the offer was announced but it was taking so long and I was certainly thinking that this Snapfish site just isn't worth it. I'm glad they decided to extend the offer for those who had started the project!

After I had the book created I had trouble placing my order. I could enter my credit card info, but there was no option to continue to the final page. I asked customer service about it and they said to try again later. I did, and still no dice. Finally, I decided to try in Explorer instead of Firefox, and it worked fine then.

I made mine and ordered it Saturday. I can't wait to surprise my family with it on Christmas morning.

I am actually a consultant (though not active) for Heritage Makers, and I have made three books with them which I just love. I am curious to see a quality comparison of the actual book when it arrives. Heritage makers is more expensive, but each and every page, and each cover is completely customizable. I like this much better, as I enjoy creating every page and using text however and wherever I like. The free snapfish book was quick and fairly easy to make, but not exactly what I would have wanted to do. I don't like being forced into a format when I am trying to create!

Creating books this way rather than doing traditional scrapbooking is very satisfying to me, as we just love books in general! And I can do it in snippets of time online without having to drag out all my scrapbook stuff. The online 'system' can be frustrating though, especially when there are tons of people using it at the same time, but I found Snapfish's customer service person completely competent. It has been a few years since I made a book with Heritage Makers, and they had lots of bugs to work out then, which was very frustrating...but the books are just beautiful, hand sewn, high quality, and I was able to order 5 of the same book I made for my parent's 50th anniversary, so each of the family got one. Again, the books are pricy, but for my family to be able to have treasured photos and memories beautifully hard bound is so worth it. When my kids leave home, I will provide them with a copy of each of our books to take with them. They are much more portable than traditional scrapbooks, too.

You know, catalinakel -

I used to be a Die. Hard. CM girl. 12 hour crops and all that.

When my youngest was born, it all went out the window. That also coincides with the time I went digital. I feel so guilty - I should be doing these scrapbooks, but I just can't get to it.

We do have a Mac, and the iphoto books are a little pricey, but great. I'm thinking this Snapfish thing may be just the "kick" I need to get into digital scrapbooking. Or maybe I'll do a little of both?

Um. I love ya Doran, but yer outta luck.

You had to redeem the "offer" before the 14th, but if you did that, you have until the 23rd to make the book.

Sorry!

That's what I get for not acting on that idea the minute I first saw it last week. I'm sure I was doing something ultra-important instead, like...um...flossing. :tongue_smilie:

The trick is having all your digital photos uploaded to the site and somewhat categorized so that you can actually begin a project. heritage Makers and snapfish both have great systems for this that come with the book 'credit' you buy. No gizmos like CM always seemed to be coming out with....You can take forever to complete the book once you start, but once you have begun the process can be very satisfying. The bugs and glitches are a normal part of the process, but the end result is so worth it. Go for it!