Menu

alternatives to Shutterfly??

ProudGrandma

I love making photobooks on Shutterfly, but the price made me start wondering if there was a less expensive option that was equally nice, easy to use etc.  I know Shutterfly does do coupons and percentages off....but for example right now, I am looking at a book I made that is 50 pages and the price (with 50% off) is almost $70.  Is that a similar price to other companies?  I am not really interested in sacrificing quality prints for something cheaper....but if it's close...then I am interested.  The pictures I want in books are not "special" pictures, like weddings or something.  Just yearly books with family pictures...but I do want them to look nice.  

So, if you use another company and are happy with it, let me know please.  Thanks.  (or on the flip side, if you have be disappointed in a company and will never use them again...please tell me that as well.  THANKS!!!!!!!!!)

Wow, I don't remember Shutterfly being so expensive!! But admittedly, it has been a while. I've made quite a bit with Blurb (gifts for family, that kind of thing), and it has all been beautiful. They're not necessarily cheaper (though they might be?), but the quality is high, with nice papers, etc. And yes, I always try to use 40% off coupons. They've been running them a lot, but they'll dry up by Thanksgiving.

Yes, it can get expensive.  Shutterfly's quality is great, but the pricing can get a little high.  Every month or so, they'll run a free additional pages promo, which saves a ton when it comes to the 60+ pager photobooks.  The last time I did one, the extra pages (beyond the initial 20) were priced at $2.29 for a 12x12, which would have been prohibitively expensive for an 86 pager.  The most recent promo just ended Oct 15th.   

If you're not in a rush, you can finish a photobook, wait for a promo to come through, and then check the pricing before biting the bullet.  HTH        

• Like 2

Picaboo is a good one; they are pricey to start, but the coupons are great. Quality is excellent. I've never paid $70 for a 50 page book with them (doing the 11x8 size book, or whatever the actual size is....it's in landscape mode). You do also want to wait on coupons with them, but they run specials often. And you'll get notice of them in the emails if you sign up, but they are always posted on the website too.