Menu

Baby shower question

lynn

So ds and fiance filled out target gift registry with a woodsy theme nursery.  I made a blanket to match, bought woodsy themed baby items and found a cute canvas tote to match.  Fiance just sent pictures and her dad, who. She does not get along with and his wife bought them everything "hungry caterpillar" in primary colors  so do I go with what I already purchased or exchange for primary colors

I would give her the stuff in the theme she picked, unless she said something like " look at the cute stuff my dad gave us, I like this better than what I picked out!"

Or, can you ask?

Keep receipts or give gift receipts anyway, cause you never know if there will be duplicates.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lynn said:

So ds and fiance filled out target gift registry with a woodsy theme nursery.  I made a blanket to match, bought woodsy themed baby items and found a cute canvas tote to match.  Fiance just sent pictures and her dad, who. She does not get along with and his wife bought them everything "hungry caterpillar" in primary colors  so do I go with what I already purchased or exchange for primary colors

I don't understand your question.

Your son and his fiance have already indicated what they wanted.  you have made items that go with their theme of what they would like.  why does it matter what her dad bought?  is she planning on keeping it and changing her plans because she feels obligated?    does she now want everything in primary colors, and doesnt' care that you actually listened to her wishes and tried to honor them?   or will she be more appreciative becasue you actually treated her with respect?

I agree with heartlikealion - it's very likely that even though she doesn't get along with her dad, he and his wife probably just didn't check the registry. I'm not prepared to assume a grandpa is trying to snub the family with a practical and adorable layette of Very Hungry Caterpillar gear. LOL 

YOU give what you wanted to give, that you know is their style. Most shower guests will do the same. They will not be the first family to have some baby stuff that does not perfectly coordinate with the nursery. If grandpa hadn't given them something unmatching, and nobody else did, either, they would have been the FIRST family not to have a blend. I remember I used to designate different sets for different purposes, or match the baby's outfit sometimes. 

It just doesn't matter. If they really hate it because primary colors make them nauseous and they want baby's entire world to be perfectly coordinated, they can return or regift. Someone else's gift to them should not cause you to make any changes.

Definitely give them the handmade blanket. They will treasure it!

• Like 3