Menu

Cooling mattress topper?

bethben

Does anyone have something that keeps you cool?  I have figured out through a lot of trial and error, that when my mattress gets hot, it activates my restless leg situation which keeps me awake and starts a bad bad cycle of insomnia.  If I could keep my mattress cool, I think I could actually sleep better.  Right now, I am sleeping on a blow up air mattress on the floor because the thing does not retain body heat.  I can keep the room around me cool, but if the mattress gets hot, my sleep is done.   And no, I'm not having hot flashes.  I'm just a hot sleeper.  Is there anything that could help this situation?  

When we replaced my DD's mattress a few years ago, we bought her a memory foam mattress that has a cooling gel layer on the top.  She absolutely loves it.  She's always been one to get hot while sleeping, and it's made such a difference in her quality of sleep.   She's had it for over two years and it still feels as good as the day we bought it.  It was something I'd found on sale at Wayfair, and I don't see it on their site anymore. 

I have IKEA's on our King and it is *awesome.* South Texas and being "of a certain age" -- I love it! It's a thin pad that we have under our regular mattress pad and it makes a noticeable difference. Washes easily in our machine and has held up very well for the two years we've had it. I can't find it on the website right now but if I do, I'll come back and edit.

Found it! https://m.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/art/20329256/

Edited by Rockhopper