Menu

Where to find a good price on 5-subject spiral notebooks?

Pegasus

As we head into prime back-to-school sales, I'm trying to find the best price on 5 subject spiral notebooks.  I'm spoiled with the 25 cent single subject spirals so the cost of the 5 subject spirals seems insane.  *I* would just stick with using 5 single subject spirals but one of my DDs prefers to haul around a single larger spiral to her college classes.

Thanks!

Cheap might bite you on a 5 subject if the cover wears out. Walmart has an Exceed line this year that seems like a good compromise on quality and price. I normally buy Better Binders at Staples, but I liked the Exceed at Walmart enough to get a few to try. I didn't notice if they have Exceed 5 subject notebooks, but they probably do. 

Walmart also has some vinyl pocket folders that are hold punched that my dd really likes for her classes. They expand to hold more pages and have tabs at the top to keep things and not sliding out.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LucyStoner said:

Staples has their brand of 5-subject notebooks for $2 and the Mead 5 Star for $6.

Great! The best price I had found on my own was Walmart, as Regentrude suggested, which was around $5.50.  I'm heading to Staples TODAY! Thank you.

Update.  My local Staples had their brand of 5-subject spirals with 180 pages for $3, so still a good deal.  They also had a different 5-subject 200-page spiral with pocket dividers between the sections and a much stronger cover for $5. I ended up getting those. 

I don't have a Shopko but that sounds like a steal!

7 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

Update.  My local Staples had their brand of 5-subject spirals with 180 pages for $3, so still a good deal.  They also had a different 5-subject 200-page spiral with pocket dividers between the sections and a much stronger cover for $5. I ended up getting those. 

I don't have a Shopko but that sounds like a steal!

Yeah, I stopped in Staples today and realized their specials had changed.

Every week they will have a different selection of items for very low prices.  I used to get their loss leaders by the case because they were nice (since it was going for a charitable school supply drive).  Staples was the only one that would exempt my organization from their item limits, it was very nice to them.