Menu

Labeling Spiral Bound Notebook Spines? (Shelf Storage)

Duct tape??

Leaving 3 inches on either side, on duct tape that is still on the roll, use sharpie marker to write your contents "title" lengthwise (use a width of no more than 1/2" so that your title will be readable on the spine once you adhere the tape). With the notebook closed and the spine facing up, adhere the tape with the "title" centered over the spiral spine; "wrap" the tape down either side of the spiral and then adhere the remaining tape to the front and back covers (about 3" each for front and tape so that the "title is over the spiral spine, equally across the front & back and over the spiral spine. By adhering to the closed book, you will have enough tape to hinge open and closed -- adhering to an opened notebook will not allow enough tape to act as a "hinge" for closing the notebook.

8 hours ago, TheAttachedMama said:

Has anyone figured out any ingenious ways to label spiral bound notebooks that are stored on the shelf?  That way you can see what it is by its spine?

I was thinking maybe a key label?

Yes.  I Proclick everything and put cheap key labels.  Works perfectly.  Each kid gas a color. I created a one note file for labels.  I type them in and cut them  They slide right in.

https://www.amazon.com/LabelsTags-Labels-Window-Identifier-colors/dp/B06VW5432Y/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1532644569&sr=8-2-spons&keywordIMG_5921.jpg.89802ea9be06b684d46b5a1737fc9334.jpgs=key+labels&psc=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1