Menu

Ladies only please

lexi

Talk to me about pelvic organ prolapse...

Any exercises to do at home to help?

What questions should I ask my provider?

When will I start to feel better and more normal? Tell me it will get better 

I’m trying not to google too much because I’ve started to freak myself out a little bit. 

I have the Hab It DVD for this, but haven't done the workouts yet. But even just doing the posture exercises they talk about in the intro has helped a lot. Worth a try! The PT that made the DVD says it helps in a matter of weeks. https://www.amazon.com/Hab-Pelvic-Floor-Tasha-Mulligan/dp/0510539610/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531108829&sr=8-1&keywords=habit+pelvic+floor+dvd&dpID=41IXchbJTWL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lexi said:

Yes

I’ll ask around. Thanks. 

I don't recommend seeking the help of the PT for my clients (I'm a midwife btw) until around 6-8 weeks postpartum.  Those muscles and anatomy need time to recover.  If you did not require extensive suturing, you could do some gentle kegels to help begin strengthening those muscles.  But be patient with your body.  If after you've completed your postpartum recovery you feel that things aren't quite right, I'd recommend seeking a professional who specializes in the pelvic floor. 

I think it's pretty normal postpartum.  My mom had surgery, but she's over 70.  It was easy surgery and she's completely recovered.  But I think your issue is probably just postpartum and the muscles are still loose from the relaxin or whatever the hormone is, plus everything is all over the place.

1 hour ago, Arctic Mama said:

Yes!  My guts feels totally out of joint for weeks, and everything says and bulges alarmingly.  But even on my huge tearing births I’d say it was mostly resolved by 2-3 months postpartum and the rest of the permanent bulging/prolapsing was manageable.

Thanks. That makes me feel better. I can do some kegels and see how things go. I’ve not had this issue before so I was stressed out. The hormones and sleep deprivation added on top have made me worried. 

I’ll ask at my next postpartum visit and see if it’s improved any. This baby was by far my biggest and I think my body is not happy about it.